Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2050 rounds, some factory and the rest light handloads (I mean just enough to qualify for IDPA, 125 power factor).

A piece of the trigger group housing disappeared.  I don't know specifically what it did, but now the striker will not release when the trigger is depressed.  The de-cocker still works.

Anyone seen this before?  Anyone know why it might do this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
it looks to me as if you've lost the cam that guides the trigger bar. This small metal cam is located just in way of the damaged area and explains for the not functioning of your trigger, because it keeps the trigger bar aligned with the other parts of the firing control unit during its rearward movement. No idea what might have caused this (wrong or rough assembly, the use of damaged magazines ?) Maybe some other forum members can help ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Eric @ Feb. 21 2004,12:57)]No idea what might have caused this (wrong or rough assembly, the use of damaged magazines ?) Maybe some other forum members can help ?
I hope so.  I use only stock mags.  In the last two weeks, two mag bases have broken... but i'm not sure how that would affect the cam. If the mag were pushed in too far, it would contact the cam, but it can't be pushed in too far.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoke with the Canadian Walther rep yesterday. He'll "try to do something" for me, as in lower the price of the replacement part (the firing group, I think he said - but it's the entire trigger assembly).

As to why it broke: "it's plastic". This guy is supposed to be representing Walther? Weird.

At least he's considering a discount on the part, as he should.

·
Registered
146 Posts
if I am not mistaken, it is the trigger action housing, and I hope I am using the right word in English. The frame appears to have no damage. Something of contundent mass must have crushed the corner while pressed by the slide or.. I dunno, looks strange.

regards

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right, it's the housing. The entire thing is one part number - housing, sear, extractor, etc - so it all gets replaced as a drop-in unit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Could you be so kind as to let me know who the Canadian Walther Rep is??? I need to order a huge shipment of parts to keep my P99's running since ordering 'gun parts' from Walther USA to Canada is virtually impossible. Thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
mine had the same breakage after only 60 rounds. It looked as if a small piece on the top of that housing was broken. I began to wonder about the supposed quality of walthers as this was my first. The trigger was inoperable. I sent it back to earl's and they repaired it but warned me not to shoot anymore reloads. Since I had shot only factory target loads I was very concerned about the quality of it. I have put over one thousand rounds threw it without anymore problems and now have three other models of walthers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts