Walther Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some might say the price dropping might be a sign of value increasing...but it's falling pretty fast in the first months of being out. I see a $520 new PDP on gun.deals. Even the ONE PDP model that has never changed price (compact 5") is now below $550.

Meanwhile, the direct competition VP9 OR is stable and the poor man's Walther Canik METE is at $400 for the short and $440 for the 5.25".

Maybe killing off the PPQ for the "features" of the PDP wasn't all that smart just by using what we all have readily available as an indicator of demand in price?

·
Registered
3,399 Posts

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDP compact 4", PPS, Q5 Match, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
169 Posts
I doubt it's anything very concerning. $599 was the minimum advertised price (or is it suggested retail? Can't remember off hand), but vendors can sell below that if they want. A lot of vendors were selling above the suggested prices because there was an overall shortage of guns from every vendor and people were paying anything just to get what was available. The PDP released into that market. For the last couple of months now, vendors have had plenty of products from all different vendors. They may not be fully stocked, but there isn't really a shortage anymore. As such, the PDP has more competition in the same gun cases, so vendors are naturally lowering the prices to compete with all the other vendors down the street that also have plenty of options for buyers. It's just normal market dynamics and nothing to be concerned about.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The PDP was never going to be a $650 or $700 gun. Scarcity and newness was the only cause for that.

As long as inflation doesn't get too crazy I predict that base model PDP's will reach prices as low as $450 or so (about 30% off msrp)

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is great news. I want to buy another PDP Full-size and hope to get a better deal on this one.
I have the PDP Compact 4" and was ready to buy the PDP Full Size 4.5" when it became available, but then realized they have the same length recoil spring. So, there would be the same felt recoil and may have been a bit better accuracy for the PDP Full Size 4.5". I opted not to buy the PDP Full Size 4.5".

·
Registered
121 Posts
Soooo, you’re upset that a great gun like the PDP is getting cheaper?

And the problem is …… what exactly? I hope it drops to $300, go baby go

·
Registered
163 Posts
Unless the price drop is an indicator that Walther isn't moving enough PDPs so that they might end up dropping them, I would just celebrate the fact that you can lay your hands on one at a more reasonable price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The PDP's MSRP is and has been $649. The discount pricing I see at this point is $599 with free S&H. Actual S&H is about $15 (that's what Walther charges for direct purchases). So the PDP discount price is actually around $584 or 10% off of MSRP -- that's hardly prices "falling fast."

As to the data point of one on gun.deals, it's sold out so I can't see what S&H was, but apparently not free. That number would be needed to see what the actual price of the PDP was from that apparent one off.

As to demand, you could beat any pricing out there for the PDP through the Walther direct program for LE/Mil which also included veterans and first responders. Walther had to suspend the program recently due to demand. I was fortunate to submit an order in mid August and received the PDP sent to my FFL in October, but the expected wait time even then was 3 to 6 months. So the premise that the demand for PDPs is going down doesn't seem to be supported objectively.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you even gun.deals bro? :D

540 shipped on gun.deals right now. The never dropped compact 5" is currently
Yes, I do and I'm looking at it right now. Cheapest in stock PDP is $549.99 + $15 S&H from just one distributor.

There will always be an outlier deal for pricing on any firearm or ammo. If I go to Gun.Deals or Gunbroker and see most of the sellers are at $540 shipped, then I'll agree the market pricing has dropped.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I guess "cat" just likes to stir-up discord among PDP owners/users. He has documented his dislike for the PDP and had returned his to Walther. We get it "cat" you don't like the PDP and your post serves no real purpose or is in any way helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went to my local gun store, who had compact and full frame PDP's for sale at the MSRP of $649. I offered 600 cash for the Full size w/4.5" barrel. They took it. I saw them cheaper online, but you always have to add the transfer fees to total price. Unlike an online order, I was able to take the PDP home that day, and I am now agonizing over which RD optic to buy, or to just get some speed sights. It kills me to pay half or more of the price of the firearm for an optic. If I go the RD route, I am leaning towards a swampfox justice at the moment, but still eyeing the Holosun HE507C-X2-ACSS Pistol Green Dot Sight.

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDP compact 4", PPS, Q5 Match, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
169 Posts
, but still eyeing the Holosun HE507C-X2-ACSS Pistol Green Dot Sight.
I just got one of these for my Q5. I definitely recommend it. It’s a great optic and I love that huge circle that is outside the normal window unless you’re off target. It makes it super fast to index the dot (chevron) but doesn’t clutter the view like the normal Holosun circle with dot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts