Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got a free trip to Europe this summer and was thinking about picking up a factory threaded barrel while I was there. Doe anyone know the legality of bringing it back to the states? I know there's a barrel ban on importing for non-sporter rifles, but since mine isn't built on an american reciver I don't belive I should have any problems. I still figure I should ask before I do anything, incase anyone knows. Save me a letter to BAFTE and waiting on a reply.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just call your local BATF office and they'll tell you how to do it. All I know is that I bought some magazines from that Kaehny company in Germany during the '94 ban and BATF confiscated and destroyed them. I had to turn them in at the local BATF office. (They must have reviewed all the orders Kaehny mailed into the USA.)

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Germanguns

Talk to him... as far as I know the Germans can not sell you a barrel unless you got a German license for that gun.... that is if you are buying it while you are in Germany........
now sending it here by mail (from somebody that holds a German license is a different story.....

I had ask him about a barrel for my G22..... and he told me his license currently is expiered and it takes a while to renew it.... so he can't sell any of that stuff at the moment

Don't shoot the messenger though if my info is not 100%.... you also might ask Earl.....see if it is worth it.... I don't know what he charges for the ones he got

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called BAFTE this morning. As far as legality goes, you have to fill out and fax in a Form 6 and get a Form 6A from them before buying the barrel. You also have to have the 6A with you to get through customs. Earl's wants over $300 for the threaded barrel. I don't want one that bad. I know I can get one over there. I just needed to make sure I could bring it over here afterwords.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
There use to be some after market barrels offered, right? I think Jarvis used to make them but took them off the site. I read someone a while back suggest calling Jarvis directly and asking them. If they have 1, they can thread it for U.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I was going to say that you could almost bring anything back, except frames and threaded barrels. They seem to have a problem with those things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts