Walther Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a friend of mine shooting this afternoon. He really wanted to try the P99 (James Bond gun and all that). After 50 rounds through the P99 he tried the Glock 34. He liked the Glock better.

Can I still speak to him?

·
Registered
16 Posts
What kind of friend are you?

I mean come on, friends don't let friends shoot Glocks!!! :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Isn't that glock the 357 SIG? I forget. If it isi hes probably after the more kick. If you show him all the bullets in hollow point go the same depth he might change his mind.

Personally the Glock is an ok weapon its the one I take in the ocean etc, so I wont cry from rust on the Walther.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I am in the process of selling my Glock 34 - It is my fav of all Glocks, but I still don't like the trigger...

Sorry - U must tell him now he must shoot at a different raneg from U from now on :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Isn't that glock the 357 SIG? I forget. If it isi hes probably after the more kick. If you show him all the bullets in hollow point go the same depth he might change his mind.

Personally the Glock is an ok weapon its the one I take in the ocean etc, so I wont cry from rust on the Walther.
The Glock 34 is a 9x19 competition pistol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The one with the compensated barrel, that has almost no kick?
No... the G34 is the "practical/tactical" 9mm. The barrel is a bit longer than the G17, and the trigger pull is 4.5lbs instead of 5.5lbs. It's not compensated. I don't find the kick on the G34 to be noteworthy...

I shoot pretty well with the G34, but I do like the Walther better. He was having some issues with the whole DA/SA thing. Personally I find the P99 SA a crisper, cleaner trigger pull than the Glock, but to each his own. He seemed to prefer the DA pull on the P99. If I had a DAO P99QA I would let him try that instead.

Now off to order a P99C.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts