Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done an endurance test with the 9mm P99? I'm curious as to how my Walther might stack up to a Sig, Glock, or HK.

Also, how damaging is +P ammo in a P99? I fired a few boxes through mine today. Anyone think it could pass the 35 thousand +P test the SOCOM passed?

·
Registered
358 Posts
First off that glock test is bull crap. If you read it then you would see a makarov could pass that test.

Recently they did a test with the newest HK pistol and it went though all the punishment on one gun. It looks like to me the glock pistol was changed for a new one each time.

That said I full confidence everything from the way the slide is built to its near(flawless in mine not everyones) flawless performance in my hands.

That being said I have put 1000 rounds without cleaning the gun. Thats 10 boxes of winchester ammo from walmart.

As for the +P Im not sure. I think it could handle 35,000 rounds and I know my guns going to breach that in normal ammo one of these days. I am pretty sure it would fare equally well compared to anything on the market.

Honestly if you want to compare perfection in manufactureing and reliability, look at HK Sig and Walther.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would be surpriesd if a Glock could pass the orture test that the CZP01 had to pass for acceptance in the czech Republic. As was pointed out the Glock test coudl definitely be passed with a mak.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (InfernoMDM @ Jan. 14 2005,11:49)]Honestly if you want to compare perfection in manufactureing and reliability, look at HK Sig and Walther.
The main reason I mentioned Glock was the fact that the P99 bears a lot of similarity to the Glock family, especially the QA. Polymer frame, tennifer treating, etc. I view the P99 as being an improved Glock.

HK, Walther and Sig should be about equal. I know the P99 is more accurate than a Sig P226, but the Sigs seem to be a little looser than the Walthers and HKs. But since Sigs are so different in design from the other two, I'm not sure how that would affect the results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts