Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

· Administrator
3,870 Posts
There is an Instagram video out now.

It leaves no doubt as to Walther's intention to discontinue the P99.

· Registered
55 Posts
I thought the video was good and well done. Shooter did it justice.

However, for an iconic gun like the P99, I would like to see more of a proper send off.

Nevertheless, if I see one locally, I may add it to my other two.

· Administrator
3,870 Posts
I thought the video was good and well done. Shooter did it justice.

However, for an iconic gun like the P99, I would like to see more of a proper send off.

Nevertheless, if I see one locally, I may add it to my other two.
I appreciate what Walther is doing here rather than just quietly dropping production.

They are giving everyone fair warning and showing some respect for the gun which is the "father" of later pistols like the PPQ and PDP.

· Registered
54 Posts
I’m still unclear why they’re doing this and what their plans are with all the agencies that are actively using it. They don’t have anything that could replace it. I don’t think the PDP meets the standards by those police forces.
I’m sure there are financial reasons for this and I understand that especially on the US people never understood how this gun actually works.

· Registered
7,530 Posts
I spoke to a lady at Walther Arms. I did not get her name because I did not feel it necessary. If you believe I am incorrect, feel free to call down there yourself and ask.
Thank you. Every one of the hundred+ members here or multiple local gunshops in the past that mentioned that these pistols were discontinued, were incorrect. But seeing videos posted as well as an image of the "Final Edition" pistol, it is probably true this time, for once.

I bet we get more information about this pistol after SHOT Show.

· Premium Member
280 Posts
This is why I exceed all mil specs. Why have one when I can have three for thrice the price?!?! Of course that’s when you could buy them for a song.

But I ‘guess’ I’ll just have to buy a final edition or two or three. For consistency, you see. ;)

· Registered
2,948 Posts
Oh well, it had to end sometime. I have three, no need to add another.

So long Walther, was fun while it lasted, but you now have nothing in your catalog that remotely interests me.

Pity.

Reactions: RPK

· Registered
8 Posts
My first pistol, bought at a gun show on my 21st birthday was my 3rd Gen full size P99AS. I've been considering trading it towards a Gen 1... but now I may just hold what I got and consider myself lucky.

· Registered
61 Posts
Why discontinue such a legendary and iconic pistol? Why not just do very limited runs once or twice a year to somewhat keep them out there. Maybe some different colors like frames in grey and fde or stainless slides that would make them collectible instead of just making one final edition od green frame and calling it quits. Walther has the tooling to just store and bring out a couple times a year. This makes me think they have some other new things they are bringing out this year that they will need all hands on. I guess I’m just trying to be optimistic

1 - 20 of 69 Posts