Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a used P22 and noticed in the manual that to adjust for elevation you have the choice of three front sight sizes. Mine appears to be the largest one but I realy don't know so I have a couple questions for P22 owners who's experience can help me.

1. How much of a difference does changing the front sight make in accuracy ? I usually sight in at 25 to 30 ft.

2. Where can I get the two other sights and about how much will they cost me ?

THANKS !

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
If you are in the States you can get them from Walther in Arkansas. Probably free. Tell them you didn't get ay with the pistol. Sights are #2, 3 and 4 with 4 being the tallest. The number is molded onto the front of the blade, iirc. I use #2. I don't remember how much they change elevation....perhaps an inch at 25'. M1911

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Walther Arms Inc.
7700 Chad Colley Blvd.
Fort Smith, AR 72916
(479) 242-8500
[email protected]

But nothing seems to be free any longer; the days of S&W customer service are over and, sadly, missed.

·
Registered
964 Posts
P22 foresight range

#4 is for short distance shooting from 5 to 10 yards;

#3 is for up to 25 yards (aiming dead centre);

and

#2 is for a bit further away (maybe thirty to forty yards) with hi-vel ammo, always aiming dead on the intended target.

Cheers and Happy 2014 :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
So a #2 front sight at 25 yards would shoot high, correct? I ask because mine came with two #2s and a #4, but no #3. I haven't tried the #4 yet but assume it would shoot low at 25 yards (the shortest distance at my range).

·
Registered
964 Posts
SDC,

Yes you are correct.

You need the #3 front sight for 25 yards, or you aim a bit below the intended target when you use the #2.

The #4 is for up close and personal use up to 10 yards/33 feet distances with hi-vel ammo.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
I wouldn't pay much attention to Crete. He has an old P22 with everything including the kitchen sink hanging off of it. And he doesn't shoot at anything up close. So what would he know about 25'. He shoots at stuff so far out there that if he used tired bullets they won't even go that far. The aggravating thing is I've been told by the big guys at Walther that he is regarded as the best P22 shooter in the World. Now that is particularly aggravating to a southern boy. Even worse he takes on the high dollar,,,,er... high Euro target pistols and beats them from time to time and has posted videos of his shooting. So, just ignore him. M1911

1 - 10 of 10 Posts