Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and P1 ownership so please bear with me. I recently purchased a P1 and I'm trying to date it. I haven't had much success finding any post-war serial number lists but did find this forum and need some help from those familiar with the weapon as I have hit a research wall.

So far I know it is an import from PW Arms in Redmond, WA. Serial number is 030371, slide replaced 2/78 with last three corresponding to serial number. It does have a BW stamp with the Eagles for the German Army acceptance. Other markings include W679?, W489? and W292? along with a square and punch mark at 12 on the slide.

Any information provided would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
The frame is a very early one from the late 1950s by the serial. I assume it does not have the hex bolt reinforcement?

Your gun has had lots of TLC from German army maintenance. In addition to the replaced slide, each of those numbers after a W represents a visit to St. Wendel, a central depot where the Bundeswehr refurbished and repaired the P1’s. The numbers are month/year codes.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
It's entirely possible that it's not the original frame, either. In which case it's impossible to precisely fix the date of original manufacture. Some photos would end the speculation.

M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts