Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not ashamed to say I'm leaking many happy/relieved tears as I write this. In a recent reply to one of my posts, senior Walther forums member Erich Baumer talked about the importance of EDC medical gear. How right hi is! My EDC trauma kits are modified TacMed "LAPD" kits, one in my vehicle, one on my duty belt. (They run about $125) It saved my dogs life last week. He jumped into a ravine and landed on a stray hunting arrow, buried under deep snow. It lacerated his brachial artery. Trauma pad, Celox A (hemostatic powder) and dressing prevented hypovolemic shock or death from volume loss. Got him to a ranch with a resident equine vet and she saved him. He will make a100% recovery. Without that kit, he'd be gone and part of me with him. Thank God. Please carry a trauma kit! Even if it's just barrier devices and a pressure bandage!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just noticed this, Husky. Point well taken. Your cool head and quick actions were also critical. Well done. Glad he’s okay!

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
A med kit is a must in my mind. As the OP pointed out it can help you save another life. Kits modeled on the military medic/corpsman kits are best, but expensive, but what expensive if it might save the life of you or another. I have one in my car and a smaller kit in a waist pack that I carry when out for the day on foot. However, there is one fact that cannot be overlooked. Having the med kit is like having a gun. If you do not study how to use them it is all for naught unless you get lucky. A corpsman saved my life with stuff in that bag of his. that was pretty convincing about the value of one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts