Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I inherited a Walther ppk with the serial number 760110. Supposedly, the first production ppk was 757800 which makes my ppk about 2200 past that number. I think the value is about 1400 dollars. I am not selling it but would like to know the relative value. Earl Sheehen put two replacement springs in it and a hammer block spring that was broken. He was interested in buying it. It is an early 1931 Walther ppk. The tan holster is also with it with the "W" stamped inside. Pistol came back from WW11. Dont know how to supply pictures It is in excellent condition.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Condition is everything but 1400 sounds about right for a collector comercial pistol in excellent condition but it could vary based on the collector. No other markings that need to be considered? Pictures would help when you can post them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont know what marks to note. Walther, Zella Mehlis, Thur. Only pictures I could send would be by text.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Just trying to confirm for you that what you have is a purely commercial model and not something that was used by another organization (which can effect value).

·
Registered
846 Posts
I inherited a Walther ppk with the serial number 760110. Supposedly, the first production ppk was 757800 which makes my ppk about 2200 past that number. I think the value is about 1400 dollars. I am not selling it but would like to know the relative value. Earl Sheehen put two replacement springs in it and a hammer block spring that was broken. He was interested in buying it. It is an early 1931 Walther ppk. The tan holster is also with it with the "W" stamped inside. Pistol came back from WW11. Dont know how to supply pictures It is in excellent condition.
Did you keep the original springs?

Read the post on adding images found in the section Walther Forum Announcements at the top of the home page. Quite simple if you have the properly sized photos.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Early ppk

The springs were with the gun when it arrived from Earl Sheehen. I do note that the clip has a flat bottom with no finger grip. Is there a way to know if it is the original clip? The broken hammer block spring was not returned. The replacement springs are correct Walther springs that Mr. Sheehen put in the pistol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Early ppk

An update. On the side of the pistol, at the front, is the Walther logo. Then there is Waffenfabrik Walther Zella Melbis {Thur}. Under that is Walthers Pat Cal 7.65% To the side is Mod PPK. The frame and slide both have "N" over a crown at the same location so they match. Grips are brown with one screw holding them on. Clip just has Walther at bottom of clip.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Early ppk

I still have no idea how to post a picture. To me the ppk looks like all the other pre war ppks pictured.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Pics would be good, but it sounds like a nice pistol. As long as no one refinished it or stored it in their tackle box it should be good for holding value. The holster is a plus. Clean, lube, go get some ammo, and shoot that veteran. All the best.

Reactions: pilkguns

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Early ppk

Thank you for your comment. I do plan on shooting it. The reason i had repairs done was the fact that the last time we tried to shoot it, after loading 6 shells, when the slide was released, the gun fired all 6 shells in about 3 seconds with no trigger pull. Scared my son alot. Earl Sheehen repaired it by replacing two springs with factory parts. Said at least one spring was not a Walther spring and not original to the pistol. The gun should be safe now. Earl also replaced a broken hammer block spring. Prior to the last time we tried to shoot the pistol, it had not been fired for 60 years.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Early ppk

I might ad that the pistol is in excellent condition overall. It has been in its holster for 60 years in a gun cabinet. Gun bore is perfect. It is possible the clip is not 1931 original as it has a flat base and no serial number but is Walther stamped.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually not fired for 56 years. Last fired one year and three months ago, when mechanical problems arose. Was with gunsmith one year and he could not find parts. Found Earl Sheehen and it was fixed in one day. Expensive but correctly done.

·
Registered
629 Posts
In the voice of Dr. Evil " One hundred billion Reich marks".

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Early ppk

It cost $190.00 of which $35.00 was return shipping. Gunsmith charge was $90.00..It is all worth it to me as he had the parts. The gunsmith prior could not find a hammer block spring for an early ppk and did not seem to know how to fix the "hair 'trigger. It is a functional weapon now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a PPK S 380 that I rarely shot because it would jam at least once with almost every full magazine. It would sometimes not fully eject the spent round and sometimes it would jam with a new round half way into the chamber.

Not being an expert, it seemed the slide was not moving as far back as it should when fired. I took the recoil spring out and it seemed stiffer than I thought it should be. I looked at the OEM spring on the Walther web site and found it is a twenty lb. spring. I located a fifteen lb. spring on the internet and installed it without knowing if I was doing the right thing or not. After firing a few hundred rounds in it, it has not jammed again. The spring made the difference. I'm just curious if anyone else experienced the same problem and resolved it the same way.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts