Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a reloaders estate about 6 years ago. The top PPk was in it. Daughter claimed her grandfather bought it in Germany, probably in the 1920's, #853965...........

The other came from a recent gun show. It is virtually new. #901137. Seller knew no history.

When were these mfgred.???

I have two other posts here in regard to an engraved PPk. The presentation initials on that gun are positively "EH". If you go to either, read all the responses.

PJH
DSC00704.JPG
DSC00705.JPG
DSC00706.JPG
DSC00707.JPG

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
Two beauties for sure. Anyone should be proud to own those. The version I don't own.....PPK. Those would be the ones I'd want. 1917

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
853xxx => probably made in late 1935
901xxx => probably made in 1936

·
Registered
25 Posts
853xxx => probably made in late 1935
901xxx => probably made in 1936
Your using PP serial number charts. Both of these clearly made in 1935 - no doubt about it.

One PPK (I can't tell exact serial from the picture) has the correct finger extension magazine - the other is later war or worse. Should NOT have a lip coming across the leading edge of the scalloped out area. Could you post side photos of the magazines showing legend markings and their corresponding bottom views

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Loading for gun show tomorrow and machine gun shoot this afternoon......will try to get requested photos asap.

PJH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts