Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I shot 120 rounds at the range...range fairly crowded. When I came out, I could (and still) hardly hear. felt like both ears stuffed with cotton.

Using Peltor sport Ultimate 10. This happened once quite a time ago, and when I exited range realized the "ears" weren't completely covering my ears. The range owner said the ear protection gear was ok....said put it on, and pull the head band forward. Have been doing so since & has been ok. When I got home, asked wife to look - she said tip of ear sticking out.
I believe I've been pulling head band forward too much - when I pulled it a shorter distance everything was covered.

Any advice appreciated! Sure hope this loss of some hearing clears up

·
In Memoriam
15,041 Posts
When wearing the muffs, the muff needs to completely surround the ear. So, when placing the ear protection on your head, just feel with your fingers to ensure your ears aren't sticking out.

As for as getting your hearing back. Your hearing will gradually improve...moving back toward normal over the next few hours or couple of days.

Years ago....back in 1977, I picked up my BNIB (hee, hee) BMW R100RS. A sport bike with a factory 'cafe racer' type faring and short windscreen. Meaning when riding, unless I'm laying on the tank, my head is always sticking up in the air stream. I picked up the bike and left town around 2 PM. Rode for 800 miles, only stopping for gas and a quick bite to eat. Oh, it was February and even though I was wearing lots of undergarments and full leathers, I got pretty cold. Arrived back home around 5 AM. Morale to that story is, with my head sticking up in the air stream for about 15 hours with the wind rushing by at 60 for the first 600 miles and 80 for the next 200, I had this rushing noise going on in my ears for a day or so before they cleared up.

NOW, 41 years later, I suffer from CHS.....yes, can't hear....er' uh'....$hit.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Protect your ears!

I double up. I wear molded inserts and muffs.

The **** heads who shoot indoor with high powered rifles and rapid fire drive me nuts. I politely ask them how long they will be and let them know where they can shoot outdoors 🙂

Seriously.....75 ft, indoor....give me a break.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.