Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this P99 is f'n awesome. I am so glad I finally own one.

I want to sit up all night dry firing it, smooth it out.

Should I dry fire without a snap cap?. I know a few times aint gonna hurt but how about 400 times!?

fed007

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
If you're looking at 400+ times, I'd say you need to either invest in some snap caps or make your own. I've had good experience with A-Zoom snap caps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have this Pachymar snap caps...great for practice.

If you are going to dry fire that much might as well get some good practice in and try and reduce any trigger jerk you might have.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just dry fire. The firing pin on the P99 is quite stout and you have to dry fire it to tear it down. Additionally I've got a softened spring anyway. It's not like dry firing a Baretta.

·
Registered
821 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (toeball @ Nov. 13 2005,21:29)]...and you have to dry fire it to tear it down.
Do you have a QA, toeball?  Just wondering as you said you have to dryfire the P99 to disassemble...  Doesn't the QA have a decocker for teardown purposes?  I noticed the new SW99s don't have the small decocker anymore.

My AS is decocked before disassembly, no dry firing required  

-stunks

P.S. My "wife's" Springfield XD must be dryfired before disassembly, and there aren't any ill effects.  No decocker on that bad boy!  There's no way to decock the striker with a round in the chamber, either.  Must rely on safe gun handling, the grip, trigger, and firing pin safeties, and lastly a good holster that protects the trigger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts