Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my PPS M2 from my FFL. Haven't gotten in to my owner's manual yet. But a quick couple of questions.

1. Is it ok to dry fire these pistols regularly?

2. The trigger on my new pistol feels heavier and tighter than the rental I shot a couple of weekends ago. Do the triggers become lighter after 200, 500, 1,000+ rounds?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I might suggest using snap caps if you want to dry fire regularly. The striker guides on the PPS can sometimes crack or break and dry firing appears to contribute to that. On the other hand, the factory striker guides are pretty cheap, so maybe buy a few of those instead of snap caps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just cleaned and lubed per the manual. Did maybe 20 dry fires and this trigger is nowhere close to the pistol I tried at the range. Hopefully, it will improve after some live fire.

I will get some snap caps and keep dry firing as well.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Your trigger should smooth up between 200-500 rounds. At 3000+ mine is great. I shoot my pps m2 just as well as my ppq.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your trigger should smooth up between 200-500 rounds. At 3000+ mine is great. I shoot my pps m2 just as well as my ppq.
Thanks for the update. I just watched a video review that noted an improvement after a couple of hundred rounds. I'm sure the range pistol I tried out had at least 500 rounds and most likely had well north of 1,000 rounds.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dry fire ain't going to hurt it. I've dry fired the heck out of my PPS & every other modern striker-fired centerfire handgun I've ever owned. Zero issues with any of them.

Nothing wrong with snap caps though however, I would suggest going with the BarrelBlok product vs snap caps. Dirt cheap, provide a visual indication you're loaded 'dry', give something for the pin to contact with when firing, & comes with a plastic round for the magazine that allows for unlimited racking of the pistol without actually ejecting anything out of it i.e. no running around the living room picking up snap caps & reloading your mag.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Years ago, I dry fired my PPS.9.M1 until I could press the trigger and not upset the balance of a nickel on edge on the slide behind the front sight. The purpose of course was to train my hand to the gun, but the trigger got a little smoother after maybe 200 times.Then I proceeded to the range and to everyday carry. It performed as expected. 3000 rounds later, I removed the striker for inspection and found the strikerguide in two pieces, but no misfires yet. Replace the strikerguide and carry on.

Dry fire ain't going to hurt it. I've dry fired the heck out of my PPS...
So my advice is to (1) inspect your strikerguide and (2) a much more effective trigger fix is an internal fluff and buff as detailed in this forum. (The search function is your friend.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts