Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When dryfiring, the only downside I found is the reset after trigger pull. I fired a Taurus G2C doing laser drills and really liked the ability to fire consecutive shots without racking the slide... Switched to my PPQ, and I was only able to fire one shot, then needed to rack to fire. I know it’s designed to work like that, but any opinions on the best way to dry fire with laser cartridge and make it more challenging, seeing as we can’t fire more than one shot at a time?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Not really unless you buy a Walther P99 AS or hammer fired DA/SA like a SIG P226 or HK P30 series. I assume you know that you know you need to rack the slide just a fraction of an inch to reset most striker fired pistols rather than racking the slide all the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really unless you buy a Walther P99 AS or hammer fired DA/SA like a SIG P226 or HK P30 series. I assume you know that you know you need to rack the slide just a fraction of an inch to reset most striker fired pistols rather than racking the slide all the way.
Thank you, that’s what I figured. Yeah totally aware of the need for only a little pull on the slide, speed drills from holster are about the only thing I’ve found to mix it up.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
You can go here and select PPQ to accelerate release of the Dryfire Mag for PPQ.

I bought a Mantisx last week mainly for dry fire until I get some quality range time. I actually went to the dryfiremag site to have a look see and requested they release one for the Q4 SF/PPQ just this morning.

Working with the MantisxX has been great. Only problem so far is convincing my wife that the clicking sounds she has been hearing all hours of the night is normal....

Regards ------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts