Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had just gotten home from work and as usual I remove my key, wallet and everything else I'm carrying including my P99AS. I set it on the bar which is probably about 4 and a half feet high. My wife was sorting the mail and she went to move some box down towards the end. Well it happened to push my P99 off the counter. It happened before I could even react. The gun fell ass first with the barrel pointed directly at my face. It happened in slow motion it seemed like a full minute had passed before it hit the ground. But it did and just clattered to the tile floor. There was zero damage to the gun but it sure was a scary ass experience.:eek:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Glad everyone and the gun are fine...the P99 is more durable than many think. It is drop tested from heights more than what yours experienced...you need to see the P99 video that shows it being dropped from a helicopter...:)

·
Registered
525 Posts
It happened before I could even react. The gun fell ass first with the barrel pointed directly at my face. It happened in slow motion it seemed like a full minute had passed before it hit the ground.
Better than reacting and getting your hands on the trigger!

Hope your tile is ok :D

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I've dropped several P99s - usually, I always end up having to change out the front and/or read sight because it gets dented.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey man, thats why things like firing pin blocks were created. My father was holding mine and he dropped it. If a pistol/rifle cant be dropped its not worth having. (It still made me cringe though:)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Still people insist on buying 'classic' 1911s without drop safeties. I mean I can see the interest from a historical perspective but my handgun is a tool and you'd better believe I go for modern, practical design for something like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts