1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I bought a Unkle Mikes for under $20 at Sportsman warehouse.....
give it a look over... it is a great holster for the money

·
Registered
68 Posts
Check out K&D Holsters. I have a Laredo Defender on order. I have one for my PM9 and it is great. But it is custom made and is a backorder too. I like the snaps and dont need to take the belt off to remove the holster.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice and suggestions guys. The backorder is not really a big deal, since I can't really start carrying the P99 until the weather cools down some and I can start wearing a coat or jacket. I can carry a 1911A1 if it does cool down. I have a Fobus for the PPK on order directly from Fobus and that should arrive soon.

Dep
153: I must have used up ALL my luck in Vegas. Because for holsters I am batting all 0's.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I didn't like the Fobus for my P99. It leaves wear marks very easily and you have to draw just right or you won't be able to get it out of your holster. In an emergency, up close, that could be a problem. On the plus side, retention is REALLY good.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used Fobus ever since it first came out. Had it for the Glocks and later for 1911s. I LIKE that it doesn't just whoosh out of the holster. Since there is no thumbsnap or other forum of retention, I sure don't want anyone sneaking up behind me and yanking it out. Plus I don't want it falling out at an inopportune time. Most all plastic/kydex holsters use some form of tension against the gun. Glock and Walther P99 have a tenifer finish, so I am not concerned about any marks that might show up from the gun touching the holster.

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I used Fobus ever since it first came out. Had it for the Glocks and later for 1911s. I LIKE that it doesn't just whoosh out of the holster. Since there is no thumbsnap or other forum of retention, I sure don't want anyone sneaking up behind me and yanking it out. Plus I don't want it falling out at an inopportune time. Most all plastic/kydex holsters use some form of tension against the gun. Glock and Walther P99 have a tenifer finish, so I am not concerned about any marks that might show up from the gun touching the holster.

Dep
The wear is on the sides of the trigger guard. Practice drawing the P99 several times and you WILL see what I am talking about. Tennifer/Jennifer, you will see those wear marks.

I have VM-2s for several of my pistols. I haven't had anyone yanking my pistols out yet, unless you are talking about open carry. Then you would have a point.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm using a Safariland...............For now

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The wear is on the sides of the trigger guard. Practice drawing the P99 several times and you WILL see what I am talking about. Tennifer/Jennifer, you will see those wear marks.

I have VM-2s for several of my pistols. I haven't had anyone yanking my pistols out yet, unless you are talking about open carry. Then you would have a point.
I don't have my Fobus yet so I can't tell anything. :)
But wear on the triggerguard??? The triggerguard on my P99 is plastic like the rest of the frame. What wear could happen there???? Maybe rub marks, but I don't think there would be actual wear. The tenifer is on the METAL part of the gun...the slide. It's a coating that is bonded on. Even if the bluing wore off, the tenifer would prevent rust.

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
I don't have my Fobus yet so I can't tell anything. :)
But wear on the triggerguard??? The triggerguard on my P99 is plastic like the rest of the frame. What wear could happen there???? Maybe rub marks, but I don't think there would be actual wear. The tenifer is on the METAL part of the gun...the slide. It's a coating that is bonded on. Even if the bluing wore off, the tenifer would prevent rust.
Yes, you can call them rub marks if you like. The "rub marks" wear on the trigger guard. They occur from the pistol snapping into place inside the holster. No it is not on the METAL part of the pistol, it is on the trigger guard as I stated.

The main disadvantage of the Fobus in my opinion is that it requires you to draw at a certain angle. If you don't do it just right, your gun is not coming out of your holster. In an emergency that could be a problem.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yes, you can call them rub marks if you like. The "rub marks" wear on the trigger guard. They occur from the pistol snapping into place inside the holster. No it is not on the METAL part of the pistol, it is on the trigger guard as I stated.

The main disadvantage of the Fobus in my opinion is that it requires you to draw at a certain angle. If you don't do it just right, your gun is not coming out of your holster. In an emergency that could be a problem.
Well I am not really concerned about plastic-on-plastic rub marks. I've had plastic Glocks and they were retained pretty much the same way. My trigger guard never got worn out to where it looked or felt odd. My worry would be actual finish wear on the metal. I have seen and I have owned leather holsters that rubbed the bluing right off and even polished stainless steel areas of guns. Once bluing is gone, especially if you are using a leather holster, rust will soon follow. Fortunately tenifer prevents rust.

What you call a disadvantage I call a feature.
I have never had a problem "clearing plastic" (hehe) with any Fobus holster and when I was on the job we used to have to draw and fire to requalify.

Dep

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
What you call a disadvantage I call a feature.
I have never had a problem "clearing plastic" (hehe) with any Fobus holster and when I was on the job we used to have to draw and fire to requalify.

Dep
The other thing I don't like about mine is that when I put it on with the two mag carrier on the other side, it makes me feel like I have to walk through a doorway sideways. The Fobus is the least concealable of all my holsters.

Also, there was a video somewhere that showed the Fobus being pulled apart by someone pulling horizontally. The Fobus pulled apart at the rivets.

I think the Fobus is okay for range use. I don't think it works well for CCW. I hope you enjoy yours!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts