Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought the DPM recoil reduction system and it arrived.
But, there doesn't seem to be any instructions or guidance on how to choose which of the three mainsprings that are included.

So, anyone have any information or experience to share?

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts

Take a look at this thread.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppq/70434-dpm-ppq-45-a.html

PS....The DPM site now shows the PPQ 45 system package containing 2 springs. My package which is also labeled for the PPQ 45 had 3 springs....the short spring is no longer included but that's the one I believe proved best for faster follow up shots. My perceived recoil was no different for all 3 springs. I'm certain the 2 longer springs in the 3-spring set for the P99/PPQ are identical to the 2 longest springs for the PPQ 45.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So, I bought the DPM recoil reduction system and it arrived.
But, there doesn't seem to be any instructions or guidance on how to choose which of the three mainsprings that are included.

I bought one for my Q5 Match. Came with 3 spings. One short, two longer. The two longer ones seem identical. Don't know why there would be two identical. Have not tried any of them yet.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought one for my Q5 Match. Came with 3 spings. One short, two longer. The two longer ones seem identical. Don't know why there would be two identical. Have not tried any of them yet.
Hmm. Not promising. Their QA seems off. I have one obviously longer spring and two shorter ones that are very close.

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
The 2 longer springs in my PPQ 45 3-spring set similar were different lengths.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The DPM Recoil Reduction System I purchased came with 3 interchangeable silver springs of different lenghts. YouTube videos I have seen showed the system with 2 interchangeable springs, silver and gold. I contacted DPM via email about the difference in the kits. They explained that the new kits come with 3 springs., the difference being spring weights of 8 Lb. 10 Lb, and 12 Lb. Slide in open position guide rod force is 22 Lb. They suggest using the 10 Lb spring first. If you want a softer recoil switch to the 8 Lb., harder recoil switch to 12 Lb. spring. Will have to get to the range to do my testing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts