Walther Forums banner

DPM or Sprinco

9K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  tom nelson 
#1 ·
After I entered a discussion about DPM recoil reducers I was told about the Sprinco product. I am looking for advice about this product or maybe a comparison. Anybody had experience with Sprinco ? Thank you

#2 ·
This is a fairly open ended question. Without knowing your purpose it is hard to answer.

I've used both on my PPQ 9mms. If you search the PPQ section you will find a number of threads comparing DPM and SprinCo.

Personally for duty and EDC I much prefer Alan's SprinCo RSAs. I found it gave me better control and faster target reacquisition which is what I'm looking for with a duty and EDC weapon.
However I feel folks might want to run at least 500 to a thousand rounds through their weapon before deciding to go with a different RSA.

#3 ·
This is a fairly open ended question. Without knowing your purpose it is hard to answer.

I've used both on my PPQ 9mms. If you search the PPQ section you will find a number of threads comparing DPM and SprinCo.

Personally for duty and EDC I much prefer Alan's SprinCo RSAs. I found it gave me better control and faster target reacquisition which is what I'm looking for with a duty and EDC weapon.
However I feel folks might want to run at least 500 to a thousand rounds through their weapon before deciding to go with a different RSA.
I have 2434 rd.'s thru my PPQ. I only shoot at the range or steel challenge matches. I am running 115 gr. Sellier& Bellot 9mm. I am looking for a little help with target acquisition for follow up shots. I've tried to adjust grip and grips but to little avail. I thought if I could hold down the bounce a bit it would help. The Sprinco are a little cheaper then DPM and also american made. I'll look for the Sprinco threads. Thanks for the reply.

#4 ·
Why not check Alan's web site or better yet give Alan a call and talk to him about your needs.

#6 ·
I have both,DPM and SPRINCO,I like the SPRINCO system better and also Alan is great with customer service. I have switch all my PPQ Q5 poly and the 2 Q5SF to the SPRINCO. For steel challenge shooting try switching to 150 Federal Syntec,softer recoil to get back on target especially if your grip is not good.

#10 ·
That is exactly what I was experiencing. I use a 147gr bullet with a 130PF. Alan sent a couple of other springs but I still occasionally had ejection issues. I had zero issues with the factory setup (if it ain't broke don't fix it). Like I said Sprinco customer service was great.

#12 ·
Which color spring are you using ? I was using the red spring while shooting with Federal Syntech 150 & 124 grain ammo. I got pretty good results but i just recently put the yellow spring in to see how that works out. Hopefully i'll get time to go to the range in another week or so to try it out.

#11 ·
I think the Sprinco and DPM systems work great in the poly frame guns. The trick with the SF is having the hole drilled in the back of the guide rod so the block locks up correctly. The Sprinco does not have the hole and does not allow the locking block lever to fully engage. I'm unsure of the current DPM product. The ZR Tactical guide rod has the hole drilled and allows the lever to fully close the block. I pulled the Sprinco out of the gun because of this issue; the lever not fully locking forward. The SF is meant to run with the takedown lever in the full forward position so be careful running any guide rods that do not fully depress as intended. I haven't experienced any issues with sub-130PF ammo with the ZR/13# flatwire setup. Have fun, be safe.

#22 ·
I got my DPM, installed it and went to the range Wed. I started with the middle spring (10#) and thought I could see a difference in the jump of my red dot. With the lightest spring (8#) it felt like the factory spring, weird . Tried the heavy spring (12#) and couldn't get it in my gun. I was afraid that I might end up with that spring in my face. I think larger caliber handguns and the smaller 9 mm's would get more benefit with the DPM then I experienced. The DPM didn't tilt the earth for me but I will be keeping it in my gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.