Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the DPM recoil reduction system in other make guns with good results. Thinking of getting one for my Q5 Match. Does anyone have experience with this?

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
DPM is certainly a good system and you will be happy with it. However I will suggest you look into SprinCo recoil systems. Alan makes a really great system that he has fine tuned for the Qs and if you need individual attention he will be happy to assist you...

Sprinco USA -- Recoil Reducers

I've used DPM but switched to SprinCo a few years ago and my EDC weapons all have Alan's systems.

Welcome to the Forums BTW...enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've tried both and neither offered an appreciable reduction in recoil. I have found using a non-fixed stainless steel guide rod and tuning the pistol to the load through varying spring rates to be much more effective for a competition gun. For a defensive weapon I personally prefer to use factory spring rates to ensure reliable feeding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
I've tried both and neither offered an appreciable reduction in recoil.
I have been EDCing a Q since 2011 both personally and professionally. Because of an injury I must manipulate and fire my weapon one handed.

Due to one handed shooting I am a bit more sensitive to getting back on target quickly and having tight accurate groups. After careful consideration and testing I found Alan's SprinCo system to offer the very best results.

I have yet to have a failure with the exception of those deliberately manufactured for the purpose of proficiency training. In fact I trust my life and that of my family and comrades to SprinCos every time I carry my Qs or P99.
The only exception is carrying my Q45 because Alan hasn't quite fine tuned the RSA for that model yet.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've tried both and neither offered an appreciable reduction in recoil. I have found using a non-fixed stainless steel guide rod and tuning the pistol to the load through varying spring rates to be much more effective for a competition gun. For a defensive weapon I personally prefer to use factory spring rates to ensure reliable feeding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I have tested both as well. With the Sprinco system (yellow spring), my Q5 "settles more quietly" in a split second, as compared to with a one piece rod and 13lb spring, if that makes sense. With the latter, my red dot moves and settles more violently (kind of wobbly for a lack of better term). I guess that it is because the slide hits the frame harder at the rear end??

I have decided to stick around with the Sprinco because of this difference. Recoil is still there while its impulse is softer.

For self defense, I would stick with the factory spring (my policy = no mod to SD guns).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts