Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Walther P99 9mm and trying to get into IDPA. But I'm having a hard time finding a double mag pouch suitable for IDPA. I've tried Uncle Mike's kydex universal double mag pouch and it was too big. IDPA rules states that the magazine carrier must be able to retain fully loaded mags when held upside down. What do you use for IDPA?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Any double mag pouch made for the Beretta 92FS will work. Same company makes both:cool:

Common Sense...The Rarest Of All Senses

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mag holder

I use the Uncle Mikes double mag paddle style for a .40. It works well. I would think the 9 mags aren't that much smaller. There is a tension screw between the 2 mag wells. I would try cranking that down.

If that won't work. Put the spare mags in your back pocket. There's no rule that says you must use a mag holder.

chris

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I bought an Uncle Mike's belt kydex double mag pouch and it was too large for the 9mm mags. I tried screwing down the retention screw but it didn't help much. I bought it online and probably should have gone to my gun shop and tried them out.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Comp Tac makes IDPA legal double magazine pouches

1 - 9 of 9 Posts