Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the range yesterday firing off some rounds through my 9mm P99. After a few shots, my pistol double-fired. Two bullets shot down the barrel with one trigger pull. Kind of startled me, has anyone else had this problem? Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Unless you are absolute certain it was 2 bullets with one triggerpress, I would not be worried.....
I would think it was the short reset of the P99 and the finger pressing the trigger for the second round to go down range

·
Registered
335 Posts
ipcmd0:

If that really happened you've gotta admire the way that sucker feeds and fires that second round. :D

MeThinks you be the victim of the P99's fantastically quick reset..

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've had this happen a few times. Scary as the second round left the barrel while stilll recovering from recoil. It was probably something I did but still left me feeling a little uneasy. Now that I do IDPA style matches it hasn't happened again.

·
Registered
525 Posts
MeThinks you be the victim of the P99's fantastically quick reset
I agree, its almost definately user error. Squeeze the trigger and be sure you're holding it all the way back through recoil before you let up any because it will reset lightning fast. After you get used to shooting with such a short reset you might grow to hate others :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think there is a post like this every 2 weeks. I experinced the same issue when I went back from a glock to another walther.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts