Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone else has had this happen. I'm an experienced shooter but have not seen this before. I received my new P99c last week and finally got to shoot it this morning at the range. In the last few days I have removed and resinstalled the slide, recoil spring assembly and barrel just to get familiar with the setup and to make sure all is clean. -No problems with that as it is even easier than a 1911. After putting everything back together I always rack the slide a few times, make sure the disassembly switch is up and in place and dry fire several times just to make sure everything is functioning as it should. So, on my first shot this morning it fired two rounds just like a quick double tap, only I squeezed the trigger just once slowly. I had inserted a full magazine of ten and let the slide fall forward to load one round, then set the trigger back to the single-action mode. After that first automatic double fire, I fired about 100 rounds and the gun worked perfectly. I took it apart, cleaned it, and fired another 50 or so with no problems at all. I'm really curious to know why it fired twice the first time.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The extremely short trigger reset distance.
You inadvertantly double tapped during recoil.
I've seen it many times when a shooter first picks up a P99.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Makes sense ... thanks! It's interesting how quickly the trigger-finger and brain learn these things. It only happened, accidently, that very first time. I'll look for it again when I let one of my shootin' buddies try the gun out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts