Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDP compact 4", PPS, Q5 Match, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read online somewhere that there is a simple modification that can be made to a regular P99 that will convert it to DAO. Is this true, and if so, where would I find information about it?

The reason I ask is because I want a DAO P99 version but they aren't importing the P990 anymore. I'm also not sure I like the P99 QA and just want to see if this other option does exist.

Thanks

G

·
i know of a place that bought all of the double-action P99s out. the website is www.cdnninvestments.com
you have to call them to order it or you can download their catalog. they are great people to deal with, i have bought several guns from them and they have dealer prices. hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Sorry, sent them a note yesterday and they are all out of their "DAO" P99s (which are really P990s). Why they don't call them by the real model number is anyone's guess.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
263 Posts
While doing research on the P99, I found a site that mentioned that it is possible to easily convert the DA/SA P99 to DAO.

This person stated that he used a tool to file away a small section of one of the parts so that the firing mechanism does not 'catch' into SA when the slide is sent back after firing. The result would be DA on every shot.

Do some research into it and I'm sure you'll find the site, or a smilar one. However, doing this will likely void any warantee you have from Walther.

·
Registered
P99QA Gen 1 (sold), PDP compact 4", PPS, Q5 Match, P22, and a few from lesser brands as well.
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually found a couple of sites that explained how a trained armorer can remove the parts that "catch" when the slide is cycled so it never engages into single-action mode.

However, after shooting a couple, (P99, and P99 QA (Thanks Extremist)), I have decided that the QA version would be best for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts