Walther Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email from the Walther Forum address today asking me to consider making a donation by PayPal to help support the forum. Is this legit....did anyone else get one?

I don't mind the idea of supporting...but with so many scams out there I'm not just sending my money off into the blue!

Jim

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey Jim ... ditto. I got one also and I think it's legit. I want to send something but will wait to see what replies you get.
-Rick

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I got 4 of them. I am willing to donate also, but I'd like to see a post from Robert here on the board first, before I send any money.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm here, guys.  Just feelin' a financial pinch.  I've gladly picked up the tab for the forum bandwidth and domain fees for the past two years, but have fallen on financial hard times, and we're in a bind for both the domain renewal(s) and to cover cost of operation until things look a little better for me.

Were it my choice, nobody would ever have received such a message, and if I had the cashflow I'd pick up the tab, but the buzards are circling overhead.  I just need a little push over the hill, until I get things straightened out.

In the meantime, for those of you who own 1911's, please poke around here:
Gotham Marketing Group Store for some eye candy.

Best,
RK

·
Registered
72 Posts
I plan to donate but before I do I would like to know how much hosting cost for 1 year (so I can try to figure out how much I should donate).

·
Registered
555 Posts
Tabor, donate what you feel is right. The point is that since there's no way to predict who will donate, or how much, if everybody hedges or second guesses, and everybody waits, nothing will get sent.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robert -

Thanks for jumping in. I think you'll find that folks are probably more than willing to contribute to keep this excellent resource going. I just wanted to make sure it was "legit" before I sent in my money...you can never be too sure these days!

Jim

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been trying to figure approximately what all the information I've gotten from this forum and all I would get in the future is worth and I've decided it's invaluable as I don't know where else I would go to get it. I've talked this over with my P99 and we've decided to get our backstraps to PayPal to help.
-Rick

·
Registered
555 Posts
<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>GREAT NEWS!</span></span>

Ladies and gentlemen, due to the enormous generosity of all of you, we have a "GO" on domain renewal for TWO YEARS. Kindly hold off on any further donations, as I believe we're "out of the woods" for now.

For those of you who reacted generously and promptly, and those of you who expressed support but did not have a PayPal account, you have the sincere gratitude of the entire community.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.