Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the subject states, wondering if such a beast exist would love to get a compact .40 but prefer the AS trigger

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was at Sportsmans Warehouse this weekend and was talking to the gun counter guy and the Walther book shows P99 compact available in 9 or 40 in QA or AS. So it should be available to order.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
They seem to be a bit rare - but around.

Let me give U some advice - U do not want this gun in a 40. In 9mm - the gun ia fine. It already has a high bore axis, though. I think in the compact size especially, U will regret it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Considered that what with the lack of a full grip etc. Only thing is that I already own the fullsize p99 in .40 and while "snappy", it is certainly manageable. Guess
I'll have to try to find a .40 in QA and try it out to decide. Still having them paired would be nice especially being able to use the full size mags in the compact

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have been casually looking for a P99c AS .40 too. It would complete my set, I have P99 9mm and .40 as well as P99c 9mm, all AS.

I don't really notice that the recoil is much more with my fullsize .40 than my fullsize 9mm. (Unless I practice shooting single handed, with my left "off" hand.)

But then again, when I first got my P99c, I didn't really care to shoot it with +P loads after shooting cheapo plinking loads. But now it doesn't seem to matter.

Anyways... I've bought my 2 handguns for the year, even though I try to limit myself to one/year.

Don

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
good work....
so they are out there just need to find them... hehehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts