Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 1st Gen P99 .40 that is OD. I don't think they were called AS, I believe there was only one variation made at the time.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Since they changed the frame style in 2004, and again in 2005 - The colored frames only come in the QA varieties, unfortunately...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crap
wait... what do you mean changed in 2004 and 2005?

they're only TWO frame styles right? the "first gen" and second gen right?

i guess ill have to get a QA.....

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
crap

Nope - 3.

2004 changes the slide and frame. 2005 changed the mag release to the current longer release. And, the trigger guard got a slight reshape again.

·
Registered
346 Posts
crap

I just looked at two, NIB P99's in 9mm at a local shop with first generation OD frames and date codes AD. They wanted $640 for them. Would you want a 1st generation?

I kind of didn't want the OD frame myself, as well as the new generation frame, mostly for the standard rail and longer release.

BTW, it looks to me like the list price of the P99 went up in the past couple of months from 679 to 740.

·
Registered
24 Posts
From my correspondence with Earl he can get you the receiver and either empty or with AS parts.

$295 empty and $495 with hardware. Those numbers are from November, though. Give him a call.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The only OD P99s with the AS trigger were the first generation and were called the Military.
I'm still waiting for a desert tan P99 AS in 9mm.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Dessert Tan was only for the P99/QA .40SW
I don't think we will see one for the 9mm at all... unless you custom build one or Walther does another run

1 - 9 of 9 Posts