Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Just speculation, but reading through this thread, it is crazy to me how well Walther did with getting the production ramped up to be able to maintain some sort of supply in a crazy time like this. Like mentioned above, the panic buying is out of control. Just maddening. Everything you want to “pull the trigger“ on, gone so fast.

Very impressed. Just read a review on the PDP and its a very good looking and impressive pistol. Everyone raving about the trigger, is it as good as they say?? I tried a Q4 trigger and was shocked of how good it was!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just speculation, but reading through this thread, it is crazy to me how well Walther did with getting the production ramped up to be able to maintain some sort of supply in a crazy time like this. Like mentioned above, the panic buying is out of control. Just maddening. Everything you want to “pull the trigger“ on, gone so fast.

Very impressed. Just read a review on the PDP and its a very good looking and impressive pistol. Everyone raving about the trigger, is it as good as they say?? I tried a Q4 trigger and was shocked of how good it was!!
About the trigger. I have the PDP and trigger is amazing. You squeeze it and you can feel it almost like there is a stop point and you hold it just before the final press. One of the best stock triggers I have felt on a pistol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
As I write this, Green Top in Ashland, VA, has the PDP Compact 5 inch in stock for $619. I got my 4 inch Compact from them and the transaction went smoothly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was just going to mention Bass Pro as well. My local Bass Pro told me it would take about a week or so for it to show up.

·
Registered
PPS M2, PDP Compact 15 rd
5 Posts
Bought my PDP Compact 15rd from GunBuyer last week, 4/8. $659. Just happened to check the site on that day and pulled the trigger, figuratively speaking. Just fired my first few rounds. So far, it lives up to the hype. Trigger is amazing.

·
Registered
P22, PPS, PPQ, PDP
57 Posts
I was just going to mention Bass Pro as well. My local Bass Pro told me it would take about a week or so for it to show up.
That's funny. Mine said even though it's on the website it won't go through as a order (I tried and he was right 😂) He said they won't be available until each Bass store has 10

·
Registered
P22, PPS, PPQ, PDP
57 Posts
Bought my PDP Compact 15rd from GunBuyer last week, 4/8. $659. Just happened to check the site on that day and pulled the trigger, figuratively speaking. Just fired my first few rounds. So far, it lives up to the hype. Trigger is amazing.
Same price here. Been waiting 6 days for a background check to clear SMH

·
Registered
233 Posts
I hope Bass Pros firearm inventory is better informed than their ammo inventory. I always order, they confirm then get an email that the ammo is OOS and cancel

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I hope Bass Pros firearm inventory is better informed than their ammo inventory. I always order, they confirm then get an email that the ammo is OOS and cancel
That is my experience with Bass Pro. I don't trust them and the reviews are consistently 2 stars out of 5 stars on various sites. I would only buy from Bass Pro if there was a local physical store, which there is not.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered a PDP Compact 4" from Fin Feather Fur Outfitters late in the evening on April 12, it shipped on the 13th and according to UPS it will be at my FFL today. I just checked and they have the Compact 4" and the Full-Size 4.5" in stock. They are both priced at $649.99 with free shipping. The following day I ordered a "Pierce" IWB holster from Texas Holster Solutions and it's already shipped as well.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I ordered a PDP Compact 4" from Fin Feather Fur Outfitters late in the evening on April 12, it shipped on the 13th and according to UPS it will be at my FFL today. I just checked and they have the Compact 4" and the Full-Size 4.5" in stock. They are both priced at $649.99 with free shipping. The following day I ordered a "Pierce" IWB holster from Texas Holster Solutions and it's already shipped as well.
My local gun shop had the Walther PDP compact 4", 15-round version for $679. I was shocked anyone had this pistol in stock locally, so rather than deal with FFL transfer fees and shipping, I bought it. It felt great in my hand and the trigger felt obscenely superb. You did great to get yours at list price with free shipping! Fin Feather Fur Outfitters are a class act. I've purchase Ammo and accessories from them several times. Very reputable. Great experience every time.

Was there an FFL transfer fee? How does that work? I like my 4" PDP Compact / 15-Round so much I might want to get a 4.5" full size / 18 round. But have not found any locally. So I might order one but haven't done that before.

·
Registered
P22, PPS, PPQ, PDP
57 Posts
I paid a small upcharge at my LGS. The 4" PDP compact was $679. But I figure it would be similar to ordering one and dealing with FFL fee's and maybe shipping charges. You did great to get yours with free shipping! Fin Feather Fur Outfitters are a class act. I've purchase Ammo and accessories from them several times. Very reputable. Great experience every time.

Was there an FFL transfer fee? How does that work? I like my 4" PDP Compact / 15-Round so much I might want to get a 4.5" full size / 18 round. But have not found any locally. So I might order one but haven't done that before.
The shops here in Denver run a $40 transfer fee

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have an FFL that I use that's a little over a mile from my house. He charges $5 for his services. By far the best FFL deal around here. The rest of the FFL's in my area charge $20 to $25.

BTW, I just left my FFL about a half hour ago with my new PDP Compact 4... I think I'm going to really like it. 😁

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I have an FFL that I use that's a little over a mile from my house. He charges $5 for his services. By far the best FFL deal around here. The rest of the FFL's in my area charge $20 to $25.

BTW, I just left my FFL about a half hour ago with my new PDP Compact 4... I think I'm going to really like it. 😁
Congrats! It is a great shooting gun! Feels great and will punch holes exactly where you want. Over and over again. Well done Walther.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Wow, that is a great deal, I paid $50 for my FFL transfer here in Denver.

Now just have to wait a few days for the background check to come through.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had to order my PDP online because I couldn't find one locally. In fact, I couldn't get any of the gun shops to give me an ETA. I've also ordered a "Pierce" IWB/AIWB holster from Texas Holster Solutions and it should be here early next week.

I also have a red dot and a CHPW plate for it on order. I went with the Holosun 508T on my last two handguns but they are very hard to come by as of late. Luckily, I received an email yesterday from Tombstone Tactical with a special offer on their Holosun 507C X2. All I had to do was go to their 507C web page and request a quote. I did and they sent me an email with a link that to add the 507C X2 to my shopping cart for $249.00....

That's a very good price for 507C and needless to say, I've got one on the way. I just checked and they still show them in stock. The only difference is the web page is asking you to Call for a special price rather than email.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts