Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Other than Gun Broker...I'd really appreciate anyone who knows a shop that has a PDP compact currently in stock? I want to pull the trigger on a compact today and have it shipped to my FFL here in Las Vegas. Any gun shop USA.

Thank you.

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
At that price, I hope that it is still on their shelf on the day they go out of business.
I hear you but fat chance. Buds sold out of compacts in 8 hours at $799. People are buying buying buying. Shoot Straight had 24 in stock on Monday, 8 in stock last night now 2 in stock

I can't be mad at Shoot Straight though. They sold me my P99 .40 for $349 and my P99C in 9mm for $400

·
Registered
965 Posts
At that price, I hope that it is still on their shelf on the day they go out of business.
Different gun, but over the weekend I was following a GunBroker auction for a PX4 Compact Carry. Just a regular one, not the LTT one that people really like. Gun should be around $700 new, and this one was used. With about 20 minutes to go the insanity began, and it ended up selling for $2225. For a polymer gun, that's just insane, and I realize it's been awhile since they have been brought into the US, but absolutely insane. I'd been watching for awhile, and my guess was that it would go in the $1100-$1300 range (which is still nuts).

I know you know it too, but the panic buying is insane. I expect retailers to take advantage of it, and I expect people with more money than brains to spend ridiculous amounts on things they could be just a bit more patient in finding, and save some serious cash. Is what it is....no matter what that GB price is, it's not at the Cheaper Than Dirt level that should absolutely offend everyone. I'm not sure how they are still in business after what they did the last time this happened. I guess it's proof that no matter what, if you want it bad enough, someone will pay it.

I just hope this comes to an end sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My local shop (Tempe, AZ) got me a full size 4" in stock a week ago for $589 and tax. I passed as I wanted the compact 4". He found a compact for me and it should be in early next week. Don't know where he got it from. If you have a "go to" LGS - ask them if they can get you one.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Different gun, but over the weekend I was following a GunBroker auction for a PX4 Compact Carry. Just a regular one, not the LTT one that people really like. Gun should be around $700 new, and this one was used. With about 20 minutes to go the insanity began, and it ended up selling for $2225. For a polymer gun, that's just insane, and I realize it's been awhile since they have been brought into the US, but absolutely insane. I'd been watching for awhile, and my guess was that it would go in the $1100-$1300 range (which is still nuts).

I know you know it too, but the panic buying is insane. I expect retailers to take advantage of it, and I expect people with more money than brains to spend ridiculous amounts on things they could be just a bit more patient in finding, and save some serious cash. Is what it is....no matter what that GB price is, it's not at the Cheaper Than Dirt level that should absolutely offend everyone. I'm not sure how they are still in business after what they did the last time this happened. I guess it's proof that no matter what, if you want it bad enough, someone will pay it.

I just hope this comes to an end sooner rather than later.
Damn,
Maybe I should put my regular PX4 Compact up for auction. Should get at least 800 bucks right? Enough to cover a PDP from SS.
Sheesh

·
Registered
965 Posts
Damn,
Maybe I should put my regular PX4 Compact up for auction. Should get at least 800 bucks right? Enough to cover a PDP from SS.
Sheesh
It's insane...there are 2 on GunBroker now, one regular, one LTT, and the both close this weekend...I'm going to be very curious where they end up going.

I just can't believe how insane it's been.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's insane...there are 2 on GunBroker now, one regular, one LTT, and the both close this weekend...I'm going to be very curious where they end up going.

LoL you should see the prices for a P99c AS , they have been selling for anywhere from 800-900$ even USED.

·
Registered
965 Posts
LoL you should see the prices for a P99c AS , they have been selling for anywhere from 800-900$ even USED.
I haven't been checking, but I have been on the fence about my P99c AS, especially switching all my carry items to DA/SA. Of course only pistol I really regret selling was a P99 Defense model that imanoldfart bought from me! So while I'd be tempted to sell it at that kind of price, I get the feeling that I'd regret it if I did.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
233 Posts

Mine is a .40 though. Still......

I do so love how soft it shoots. What a crazy world.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brownells has all three sizes in stock. I just ordered one. $649.99
THANK YOU!!!!!! I immediately went on to Brownells after getting your response alert and ordered a PDP compact. Same $649.99....$713 after tax and their $10 FFL fee. Thanks again for the heads up! You rock!

·
Registered
26 Posts
THANK YOU!!!!!! I immediately went on to Brownells after getting your response alert and ordered a PDP compact. Same $649.99....$713 after tax and their $10 FFL fee. Thanks again for the heads up! You rock!
You're Welcome. Mine came to $699 shipped. It sucks to have to start paying that internet tax.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're Welcome. Mine came to $699 shipped. It sucks to have to start paying that internet tax.
My FFL here in Las Vegas is another $20. Still better than the ridiculous prices on Gun Broker right now. Thanks again!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I submitted requests at GunBuyer and GrabAGun for restock notifications for Walther PDP Compact 9mm last weekend. Yesterday, I received an AM email offering from GunBuyer for $649.00 with free 2 day shipping and placed my order. I also received a PM email offering yesterday from GrabAGun for $749.00 and I think they charge for shipping. This morning I received an AM email from GunBuyer advising my gun has shipped.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts