Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since it's been kind of dead around here since the forum came back up, I thought I'd ask a question.
My PPK/S came in the regular Walther box, but is marked on the right side of the slide with the S&W name and the Houlton, Me USA...but it has the regular tang on the back, and not the extended tang like they are now.
Does anyone know how long they made it the old way, before they started the extended model?
The guy that traded the gun in never shot it, and said he bought it like 3 years ago, which would have put it at around 02 or 03. I was just curious if anyone had any ideas.

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I would imagine that yours was imported by S&W rather than manufactured by them. I can't imagine that they would manufacture 2 different frames. I've been wrong before though...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes these things look different in that tang area, and not having anyone but mine in real size to compare, wouldn't you say this is the old style tang?

I don't have a picture of the other side, but it does have the S&W script with Houlton Ma on the side

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
713 Posts
I belive these were made by S&W useing interarms parts. I have handled and compaired 2 of them to my Interarms and except for saying S&W I can't see difference. They are short tang. I might buy one next time just to have.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys....Beretta92 the tirgger is smooth, not serrated.

So my next question is, when buying grips, should I purchase the Interarms style grips? instead of the S&W designated? Since that what I recall designates the grip differences.

I guess I need to read up a little more, but sometimes I'm just to anxious to find out. I wonder if S&W can tell me the manufacture date on this gun? since it's a Walther.

Thanks for the info. guys

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you Michael, that's kind of the way I was leaning from what I've read. Maybe I can find some grips the next time a Gun show comes thru, and I can get a chance to try some.

Regards Sonny

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
There is Grips for sale starting at I belive $24 or so at CDNN for German (Interarms) PP/PPK/s..... just make sure you order something else or you still pay $10 shipping for one set of grips....
I ordered 2 sets... due to me wanting to still buy a PP....anyhow one was wraped in Interarms package.. the other in just Zip-bag in a lil box....
I had ordered both "ZEBRA" grips they have for sale
PPK/s Grips at CDNN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts