Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You Know the first Pistol I ever bought in my life, some 22 years ago, was a blued Walther PPK/S .380, with the right ammo it was quite accurate and dependable and traveled to many a bad place, tucked in the back of my pants, a inside jacket pocket or tucked into a cowboy boot.

In 84 the first of the mini 9's began to show up and I switched to the S&W 469 9mm, but kept the PPK/S around.

Then I ran across a small Walther Copy gun from a company that I normaly would have ignored, Iver Johnson, having seen many examples of the horrible Iver M-1 Carbine, That was in the kindest words...JUNK, But the tiny .22 Walther copy known as the TP22, turned out to be a whole different story, Bought for around $150.00, it turned out to be the most reliable rim fire hide out pistol I ever ran across. So I was just wondering, did any of the rest of you ever run across this wonderous little Walther clone, that turned out to really be better than the TPH for a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes I purchased one years ago. It was actually one of the most accurate little pistols I ever shot for close range. Unfortunately, it never was very reliable. I polished this and that. Tried to bend the feed lips. Nothing worked so I sent it back to Iver Johnson to see if they could fix it. They sent it back saying they would not work on it since I already tried my gunsmithing on it. I did not blame them.
So now it sits in the safe. I took it our recently and discovered the frame is cracked at one of the trigger guard springs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts