Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking high and low for a extended mag for my PPQ M2 haven't had no luck please help.. I love this gun but attachments are hard to find as well. Please help me locate a 30 round magazine or close maybe even a drum.

·
Premium Member
14,264 Posts
You might look into a +2 or 5 base pad. Here's a few links....I'm sure there are more... TTI Walther PPQ M2/ Q5 +5 Basepad Extension by Taran Tactical Parts and Accessories - Handgun - PPQ - Taran Tactical Innovations, LLC https://shop.springerprecision.com/...PPQ-Q5-Q5-Steel-EZ-140mm-base-pads-SP0751.htm

Or, if your handy, you can modify a Sig P226 20 round mag to work in your M2. Or, maybe a Beretta 30 rounder. The Sig mag is the easiest mod, as all that's needed is to lower the bottom of the latch hole, making the hole a little larger as the PPQ latch is thicker than the Sig. The Beretta mag will necessitate drilling and filing a 'new' latch hole corresponding to the correct location to accommodate the PPQ M2 or M1 magazine latch.

Both of these mags will require making a sleeve to slide down the mag body to act as a positive stop when inserting the magazine. In addition, when modding any magazine to work in the PPQ/P99, you need to make sure you have clearance between the top of the mag body and the ejector. The Walther mags have a slight cutout in the top of the mag to provide clearance.

The mag on the left is a Sig P226 20 rounder, modified to work in a PPQ M1/P99 or PPQ M2 and still works in the Sig P226. On the right is a Beretta 92 FS, 30 rounder. It works in a PPQ M1/P99, PPQ M2 and still works in the Beretta 92FS

Sig P226, without the kydex sleeve.

Beretta FS 92 30 rounder with the kydex sleeve. That sleeve works with the Beretta or the Sig mag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much I'm not this advanced yet but I will be using this information to the best of my ability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you sold extended mags already configured to fit the ppq I would be interested in purchasing one or if you had a YouTube channel on how to go about recreating one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts