Walther Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
A ton of legit looking scam sites these days regarding the gun industry. Especially reloading components. If they won't take a credit card for payment. And only Zelle, Venmo, crypto, etc. It's likely a scam.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A ton of legit looking scam sites these days regarding the gun industry. Especially reloading components. If they won't take a credit card for payment. And only Zelle, Venmo, crypto, etc. It's likely a scam.
Yeah I should have checked that first. Good call. I think I'm just gonna put one on backorder for now from a legit website

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a quick correction.

The German Walther website is www.carl-walther.de, not .com.
Yeah they have some weird stuff that's not hidden, like I can get into the devwebsite PPQ .45 ACP THREADED BARREL (POLYGON) – www.dev.waltherarms.com (It's not real, just for testing) and didn't realize and was SO excited lol. That cart doesn't work and you can't have more than one item in it, downloaded like three browsers trying to get it to work before I realized it starts with dev.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
I know very little about IT, but what brought you to the dev. website? I've been to the German website before and never saw a link to it. With what little testing I'm able to do, both seem to have the same IP Address.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you can't look at that for two seconds and realize it's a scam cmon. It says themese by nick at the footer of the web page. Plus this when you try to order View attachment 106360
I believe I had the website name confused with another that sounds extremely similar and is legit. I didn't actually add anything to the cart or go to payment methods

1 - 18 of 18 Posts