Walther Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wouldn't more have to change than just the barrel?

Magazines, ...
Yes that too. But anything else? I dunno. I've built a couple of 1911's so I could probably put more thought into it. But I don't dimensionally know 10mm one iota. I'm no expert in building guns and haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently, so I'm a bit out of my element.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Yes that too. But anything else? I dunno. I've built a couple of 1911's so I could probably put more thought into it. But I don't dimensionally know 10mm one iota. I'm no expert in building guns and haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express recently, so I'm a bit out of my element.
All you would need would be the 10mm barrel, 10mm extractor, heavier recoil spring, and the new magazine. So about 4 parts but still pretty easy. People do it on Glocks pretty often. The ejector doesn't have to be replaced because it's interchangeable at least on the Glocks I've seen it done on (not familiar with all their model numbers)

·
Registered
709 Posts
I wasn't saying they "suck" functionally, just that they aren't very appealing to the eye. If you're using it for a job I imagine you care more about whatever works best for you, but I'd be willing to bet most people here aren't in that sort of position. People were bashing Taurus when I bought my G3C and I've probably put around 1000 rds through it without even a hiccup and I think they look better than Glocks.
Fair point. Everything looks better than a Glock.... possible exception made for Kel-Tecs.

... but if you're going to say Glocks suck without further context then - Yes, people are going to laugh. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Fair point. Everything looks better than a Glock.... possible exception made for Kel-Tecs.

... but if you're going to say Glocks suck without further context then - Yes, people are going to laugh. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah that makes sense, I usually have a decently long rant about their design choices (not functional-related) but the electrician was installing an outlet for my central de-humidifier and I got distracted haha

·
Registered
PDP Full Size 4.5"
219 Posts
Yeah that makes sense, I usually have a decently long rant about their design choices (not functional-related) but the electrician was installing an outlet for my central de-humidifier and I got distracted haha
Aesthetics are “in the eye of the beholder” so I don’t criticize other peoples’ choices, but Glock has sold enough firearms, and to more than just military organizations, that they must be doing something right.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
I always thought the 1911 was way cooler than the Glock.
For sure! The 1911 was my first love. But the first time I got to handle one was at an Armed Forces Day small arms display. I was probably in middle school and it seemed gigantic in my small hand. That's when I switched over to Glock. It wasn't until adulthood that I encountered a 1911 again and realized that I had grown up enough to be able to grasp one comfortably. Today I own half a dozen of each and enjoy shooting them all.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Awesome idea! A Walther PDP BB (big bore) in 45 or 10mm with just a barrel swap! Available as a stand alone caliber or in kit form with both barrels.
Or just do what HK did, make a 45acp that can handle 45 Super and 460 Rowland.........

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Full Norma 10mm power levels with the 45 Super ammo. No barrel/mag swaps.

44 Magnum power levels with 460 Rowland ammo (chamber cut 1/16" deeper). NO barrel/mag swap.

One gun that runs everything from weak 45 acp handloads to full 44mag power 460R with no need for any part swapping?
Yes please.

Hello? Ulm? Can we make this happen?

Reactions: TalonII

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
Or just do what HK did, make a 45acp that can handle 45 Super and 460 Rowland.........

View attachment 106343

Full Norma 10mm power levels with the 45 Super ammo. No barrel/mag swaps.

44 Magnum power levels with 460 Rowland ammo (chamber cut 1/16" deeper). NO barrel/mag swap.

One gun that runs everything from weak 45 acp handloads to full 44mag power 460R with no need for any part swapping?
Yes please.

Hello? Ulm? Can we make this happen?
Can any HK45 handle 45 Super or is it only the Mk23?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Polymer guns aren't normally collector items. I mean maybe in 50 years it would be $50 more.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That hasn't been true for years now. Several polymer handguns have become very collectible. One example would be Gen 1 Glocks.
Ok, $75 bucks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
That hasn't been true for years now. Several polymer handguns have become very collectible. One example would be Gen 1 Glocks.
Shit, well, for now, I'm hoping to get a threaded barrel in .45 from Jarvis if I can convince them that a huge batch was just shipped out. They already have the CNC formulas for them. Seems like it'd be easy money. I have a 9mm barrel from them otw and I'll send that out to get cut and just sit on the .45 for a while. I imagine some sort of red-dot plate mounting standardization has to be coming.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts