Walther Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I don't know how often PPQ45s were manufactured but I can't recall a time where they weren't available pre-covid. I found that 2020 example in 60 seconds. Not quite bored enough to see if 2018's or 2019s exist (although my curiosity is piqued...)

My prediction is in line with Jimmos in that PPQ45s aren't explicitly discontinued and are eligible (and perhaps likely) for periodic production runs.

Could be dead wrong. But I like to think I'm always right ;)

Anyways. I think buying PPQ45s and accessories is awesome... I just can't endorse stockpiling this stuff right now if it is with the expectation that it will rapidly increase in value. I don't see it - not in my crystal ball at least. Your crystal ball might be working better than mine though....
Also I'm not "Stockpiling" other than the mags, I want at least 4 for myself, that leaves 6 to sell, and I'm confident I'll sell them for more than what I paid.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I seem to recall at some point somebody on a video posted on social media that a Walther Rep (maybe Cody?) discussing the PDP made a comment that PPQ was discontinued but the PPQ 22 and PPQ 45 would continue for the time being, but I'd never be able to find that clip again.

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
I seem to recall at some point somebody on a video posted on social media that a Walther Rep (maybe Cody?) discussing the PDP made a comment that PPQ was discontinued but the PPQ 22 and PPQ 45 would continue for the time being, but I'd never be able to find that clip again.
Yeah. That comment was definitely made by Cody.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah. That comment was definitely made by Cody.
Always frustrating to receive information with the "for now" or "for the time being" qualifier, because you never know exactly what that means, but I understand they don't necessarily want to tip their hand--and they also may not have made a final decision on whether to introduce replacements for those two pistols, keep them in production, or discontinue them.

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
Always frustrating to receive information with the "for now" or "for the time being" qualifier, because you never know exactly what that means, but I understand they don't necessarily want to tip their hand--and they also may not have made a final decision on whether to introduce replacements for those two pistols, keep them in production, or discontinue them.
Exactly.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I asked Walther about the status of the PPQ45.

According to Walther CS, the PPQ45 has been canceled.
That, along with the "We hope" "One day" "For now" qualifiers which gamedevs are FAMOUS for using when they know they aren't going to be implementing what they are talking about makes me think there won't be anything but 9mm and possibly some .22's from here on out.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I asked Walther about the status of the PPQ45.

According to Walther CS, the PPQ45 has been canceled.

Why would they lie to you like that? ;)

Why Walther oh why? Are they really selling that many PDPs? Is the opportunity cost of an occasional batch of PPQ45s that great? Do they really not sell?

PDP45 /10mm? :unsure:

Conflicted on whether I should get the PPQ45 "while I can"...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Why would they lie to you like that? ;)

Why Walther oh why? Are they really selling that many PDPs? Is the opportunity cost of an occasional batch of PPQ45s that great? Do they really not sell?

PDP45 /10mm? :unsure:

Conflicted on whether I should get the PPQ45 "while I can"...
Just from my experience with that doubletalk I'd say the chance of a .45 PDP is approximately ZERO. But I mean, I guess you could wait.
Also it's not like they have seperate machines for just PPQ's (well they do or did, if this was really the last run), once they're re-tooled for 9mm PDP the cost of going BACK would be way more than what it's worth. They're selling PDP's to people who want optic-cuts, but now that they fixed the pricing on the optic cut PPQ order form, who knows (it was my email that made them change it btw humblebrag)
Font Art Circle Number Rectangle

Wanted to keep it on the DL until I got my order in.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
@Cajunkraut Hello fellow Cajun, care to post an actual response? Glocks look horrible and have no style, Walther/Canick/Sar etc eat them for lunch.

As far as .45's go, sure the ammo will be around, but manufacturers have completely abandoned the round (including Walther) and there are no platforms being built around it like say for something like the P50.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I haven't checked all the other polymer framed manufacturers. But Sig still has the P320 in 45 on their site. Also for the last couple of years I've been deeply immersed in the 1911 world. Models chambered in 45 seemed plentiful. A pick up in models chambered in 9mm and 10mm are coming on strong. But there is no let up in models chambered in 45. From production guns to full house customs, business seems strong in my opinion.

Only speculation on my part; But maybe sales for Walther in 45 were poor. Or in my wishful thinking a PDP is in the pipeline, but is stuck in R&D, because their frame for 45....and 10 mm is a work in progress to make it strong enough and they're not there yet.

Not trying to be dismissive or argumentative I just don't want to believe my favorite pistol caliber is going away any time soon.

·
Registered
709 Posts
@Cajunkraut Hello fellow Cajun, care to post an actual response? Glocks look horrible and have no style, Walther/Canick/Sar etc eat them for lunch.

As far as .45's go, sure the ammo will be around, but manufacturers have completely abandoned the round (including Walther) and there are no platforms being built around it like say for something like the P50.
I presume he isn't interested in posting an actual response because Glock bashing, while hip in some circles, is entirely uncalled for. Unserious comments like "Glocks suck" don't deserve a serious reply.

Glock's best features are ubiquity, reliability and ease of service. A single tool is all that is required to service the entire pistol. None of that 'sucks'.

They aren't my favorite pistol for a lot of different reasons (I only own two, and they aren't even true Glocks - they're Polymer80-Glock-likes) but they're used by some of the most elite military units in the world because they're actually pretty good guns.

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
I haven't checked all the other polymer framed manufacturers. But Sig still has the P320 in 45 on their site. Also for the last couple of years I've been deeply immersed in the 1911 world. Models chambered in 45 seemed plentiful. A pick up in models chambered in 9mm and 10mm are coming on strong. But there is no let up in models chambered in 45. From production guns to full house customs, business seems strong in my opinion.

Only speculation on my part; But maybe sales for Walther in 45 were poor. Or in my wishful thinking a PDP is in the pipeline, but is stuck in R&D, because their frame for 45....and 10 mm is a work in progress to make it strong enough and they're not there yet.

Not trying to be dismissive or argumentative I just don't want to believe my favorite pistol caliber is going away any time soon.
Just a quick point on Walther CS's answer that the PPQ45 was discontinued.

We've heard that same message about the P99 for years now, and yet Walther still does limited runs of the P99.

So for you fans of the PPQ45, there is still a slight glimmer of hope.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just a quick point on Walther CS's answer that the PPQ45 was discontinued.

We've heard that same message about the P99 for years now, and yet Walther still does limited runs of the P99.

So for you fans of the PPQ45, there is still a slight glimmer of hope.
Well, they are still available as of now, I'm not familiar with the date codes so I don't know when it was made but I know it was sent straight from the distributor. I'm just thinking it was the last run, but yeah it's just my opinion of course. Wish Jarvis would do one more run of .45 barrels.

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts
Well, they are still available as of now, I'm not familiar with the date codes so I don't know when it was made but I know it was sent straight from the distributor. I'm just thinking it was the last run, but yeah it's just my opinion of course. Wish Jarvis would do one more run of .45 barrels.
Ronnie, You might very well be right. Walther CS saying the PPQ45 is discontinued is a strong point.

I'm just pointing out Walther is not always in-sync with their messaging in the US and production decisions in Germany.

This has become a yearly thing for fans of the P99.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I presume he isn't interested in posting an actual response because Glock bashing, while hip in some circles, is entirely uncalled for. Unserious comments like "Glocks suck" don't deserve a serious reply.

Glock's best features are ubiquity, reliability and ease of service. A single tool is all that is required to service the entire pistol. None of that 'sucks'.

They aren't my favorite pistol for a lot of different reasons (I only own two, and they aren't even true Glocks - they're Polymer80-Glock-likes) but they're used by some of the most elite military units in the world because they're actually pretty good guns.
I wasn't saying they "suck" functionally, just that they aren't very appealing to the eye. If you're using it for a job I imagine you care more about whatever works best for you, but I'd be willing to bet most people here aren't in that sort of position. People were bashing Taurus when I bought my G3C and I've probably put around 1000 rds through it without even a hiccup and I think they look better than Glocks.

·
Administrator
3,413 Posts

HK is still cranking out polymer 45s as well.

I have no inside knowledge on this but I am hoping Walther has a new "big bore" pistol in the works.

Sig, Smith and Springfield have all released new 10mm pistols this year. They must think there is a market there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
HK is still cranking out polymer 45s as well.

I have no inside knowledge on this but I am hoping Walther has a new "big bore" pistol in the works.

Sig, Smith and Springfield have all released new 10mm pistols this year. They must think there is a market there.
Awesome idea! A Walther PDP BB (big bore) in 45 or 10mm with just a barrel swap! Available as a stand alone caliber or in kit form with both barrels.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts