Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in my younger years(foolish years:() I had many firearms pass through my possession.
Raising 2 children came before my guns, and I sold off many to pay bills. The Red 9 broomhandle
was one I particularly regret parting with, but my West German Police Factory refurbished P-38 is
right up there with it. It cost me $150.00 with holster, 2 mags and cleaning kit. It was a sweet little
shooter. I was impressed by both the design and workmanship, as well as it's history.
Sadly. it is long gone, but left me with a lifelong passion for Walthers.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

·
Registered
32 Posts
My first Walther was in 2017. It was the PPQ M2 4". I was a Glock guy shooting competition, then Walther came out with the cash contingency program, so I decided to switch to a Walther and try to win some cash for 1st or 2nd place finishes. 2 years later I had won over $2000 and a 1st place at the National Championship! I really like the PPQ.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still have the first handgun I ever bought, an all matching P.38 ac 42. $500 in a King Soopers parking lot in Denver.
Me too. Bought new in 1975 Nickle Combat Commander in 9mm for the princely sum of $239.00.
The Jewel Box Pawn shop in Phoenix.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Back in my younger years(foolish years:() I had many firearms pass through my possession.
Raising 2 children came before my guns, and I sold off many to pay bills. The Red 9 broomhandle
was one I particularly regret parting with, but my West German Police Factory refurbished P-38 is
right up there with it. It cost me $150.00 with holster, 2 mags and cleaning kit. It was a sweet little
shooter. I was impressed by both the design and workmanship, as well as it's history.
Sadly. it is long gone, but left me with a lifelong passion for Walthers.
View attachment 107068
Yes. I just got it 16 hours ago.😉👍
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The first Walther (family owned) was a PPK chambered in 7,65mm, my Dad bought new in 1962. He was hunter and bought it to give a coup de grace when there was a need (and he was a big James Bond fan ;)). It's my regulary used PPK since my Dad died.
When I got out of the Air Force in late 1977, I was with the landlords son in law in their living room. I was selling him a bolt action shotgun as I had just bought a Combat Commander. I knew little about guns, and less about Walthers, but I did know about gun safety after being an SP in the AF. We were sitting in front of the brick fireplace, when he said "Let me show you the pistol my father in law got in WWII. He got up and came back with a Nazi .32 PPK! I said, "Sweet, It ain"t loaded is it? He said NO! It uses some 7,65 foreign ammo that you can't get.
He then fires a shot into the brickwork of the fireplace, which ricocheted where, God only knows!
I said," Wow! It still works.": :ROFLMAO:
Needless to say, he made my 1 mile list. (Too dangerous to safely let within 1 mile of me)::rolleyes::

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The first Walther I owned was a SS PPK back in the 80s. What a POS. Would not reliably fire much of anything and I put a LOT of work into it trying to make it reliable. A guy at the range wanted it badly and despite my many warnings bought it from me. Took me a LONG time (decades) to try another Walther. My PPS has never given me a seconds worry or the first problem. Now I own 5 P99s in various calibers and my PPS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
first and second came together... always wanted a P38.. too many WWII movies I guess... found some online and thought the price was for a blank firing replica... nope real P1 & postwar P38... the early part of the import dump.. contacted my FFL buddy and said I wanted 1 of each and 3 mags each... the price made him order 10... he let me have first pick... he made lots of money...

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
My first Walther was a PPQ when they first came out, and before anybody through of the M1/M2 designation. Great trigger on a beautifully balanced pistol, but the very short reset gifted me with one too many unintentional double taps. (Yeah, my fault, I understand.)

Reactions: LastQuarter

·
Super Moderator
7,743 Posts
Ah, you youngsters with your poly Walthers... ;)
My first one was my 3d handgun, in 1971, a PPK/s .22. A buddy had the .380 version. It was also my only handgun for awhile; when my old Guard outfit was called out for the truckers' strike, it came along in my jacket pocket. The Army, in its wisdom, removed the bolt carrier group from our M16A1s; the truckers had no such qualms. About half the company had private iron stashed someplace.
That same buddy with the .380 kept ragging on me about carrying a .22, so the Walther was traded on a Smith M36 a year later.
Did, finally, get a replacement PPK/s the other year.
Moon

Reactions: kbmcml

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
first and second came together... always wanted a P38.. too many WWII movies I guess... found some online and thought the price was for a blank firing replica... nope real P1 & postwar P38... the early part of the import dump.. contacted my FFL buddy and said I wanted 1 of each and 3 mags each... the price made him order 10... he let me have first pick... he made lots of money...
The good old days of import dumps. There was a Woolworths store where I lived back in the early 80s that had a long rack filled with M1 Garands($125.00), M1 Carbines($75.00),M-14($250.00,Commercial receivers,milsurp parts), and a couple of Johnson Semi-auto Rifles($125.00) :eek: . Also stacks of $50.00 K98s,'03s & '03A3s thanks to import dumps.😀
If only I had a time machine 😆 I know you will enjoy your new treasure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts