Walther Forums banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts
For as beautiful as they are, Nill grips do not fit my hand as I like. They all have a palm swell that make the grips fatter and change the grip feel drastically to me. I have sold or traded every pair I ever had from a Springfield 1911, Walther P88, P5, SIG-Sauer P220, etc.

None of them feel as good as the original plastic or factory wood grips.

Reactions: halfmoonclip
There's no question that grips are an individual thing: What works for you may not work for me, and vice versa. It's always best to experiment until you find one that you like best. It's also worth noting, again, that some grips are for show and others are for actual field/range work. It doesn't hurt to have some options at hand, ready to go.

It's nice to see the P5 section active, by the way. I still maintain that it's Walther's crowning achievement in pistols.

Well, As I said, I am not happy with mine, other than the way they look.

Beyond the poor fit problems, they also have too much girth. I do not have large hands and just didn't like the way they changed the feel of my P5.

I guess there is just no place for a BBQ gun in my life.

Reactions: crzteacher
What's everyone's opinion on the grips4u wood grips?
They seem a bit hit or miss on fit, but usually some minimal 'adjustment' will make them work. Quality seems fine for a relatively 'budget' wood grip.

What about these wood grips?
They look nice, and not too expensive. Anyone have these?
I don't have these specific grips. However, I have bought two unique (hard to find) sets of grips for other pistols directly from that seller on Ebay. He was very responsive and answered all my questions quickly and thoroughly. And best of all, the grips I received were very high quality and quite attractive.
Sorry I can't tell you more about the P5 grips, but hope my comments about the seller and his products are helpful.

They look like just like the Grips4U version. This seller has a bunch of offerings that I suspect come from a variety of vendors. I have bought from him before, and I have been happy. In this case, for this grip style, I would suggest looking here: GRIPS4u.net For other P5 choices, try here: GRIPS4u.net

Well, I finally got around to getting these cool grips and installing them, and wow! I love them!

Attachments

I put a set of the Grips 4U wood panels on my P5, and well, now I run the rubber Hogue or the stock plastic grips.

The wood grips just didn't work for me. For starters they didn't fit well and took a lot of fiddling and shaping to get them to fit to a mostly acceptable level, and secondly, I shot it worse with the wood grips. A $100 odd dollar lesson in the school of The Factory Knows What They Are Doing.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.