Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep trying other weapons. I just got a 92S as many here know and rehabbed it - which was great fun. It shoots great and is a very nice weapon. I especially like how easy most of the gunsmith work was on it. I've been shooting it at the range for the past few trips to test out various installations and its been flawless. Nothing bad to say about it at all. However, today I took my carry weapon to the range instead - my P99AS.

OMG! It's so much better its hard to put into words. It melts into my hand, points naturally, carries more rounds, and is still lighter. The best part is that I consistently get tears in my groups at anything 15 yards or closer with range ammo. Cleaning it is a breeze too. I'm so comfortable with it and shoot it so well I keep asking why I keep getting new weapons?

The P99, for me, is what Block always falsely promised and never even came close to delivering - Perfection.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
My P99 and P99c are at the top of my Walther and handgun food chain too. They are very hard to beat. The PPQ is the closest competitor but still takes a backseat this way.

Happy shooting! :D

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Not any more. In the past I was purchasing and selling pistols that I didn’t like. Since buying the P99 compact(which I have wanted since 2011) which was my last purchase, I am finally satisfied with the pistols I have.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I hate to think of the money I spent on the firearm journey that only led me back to the P99. It became the standard by which all the SIGs, Berettas, Colts, and yes, even Glocks were measured. They're all gone now and only the Walther remains.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Yeah well, the wife wanted a pocket 1911 but didn't like the Micro Nine, got a P938 so the Kimber wandered over into my pile, so now I'm mostly carrying that one, and got a full sized 1911 too, despite having all the modern Walthers that are desirable. Both the Kimber and the Remington are a joy to shoot and silly accurate.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Been there.

Went almost 2 months without shooting the EDC Q45 (shot only 50AE on 2 sessions). Then I went to the range session with OF and Extremist. After around 1/2 hr shooting their firearms and my 50AE, I put a target out to 10yds, pulled the PPQ 45, and DEAD CENTERED the bulls-eye FIRST shot. I turned to OF and told him I was done shooting my Q45 for that session, he said he could not see the hole in the target, I ran the target in, we laughed.

I got to Frisco Gun Club last week and ran the Q45 ONLY (350 rds), needed to feel the awesomeness again.

Will do the Para 1911 14.45 Expert and Beretta/Wilson Combat 92G Brig Tac break- ins this week.

·
Super Moderator
14,374 Posts
Ha...I keep telling people that I suffer from CSS.

I'll be going back to the range today. :) Need to check out the mods I made to my newest ******* shooting rest. I'd been using/testing my Sig MPX on this rest as well as using the same rest for my pistols....was working out pretty good. But, when I laid my Tavor across it, it put the optics a little too high for me.....I had to tip-toe just a little bit to get a proper hold/weld on the rifle. The way I saw it, I had two options, 1) wear my high heels when shooting the Tavor, or 2) disassemble the rest, and whack off about an inch. I opted for no. 2. :D Option 2 also makes the rest a better fit for my daughter too....and since she's moving back to Fort Worth, I expect we'll be hitting the range together again. This kinda nixes my move to Mesa. :D

So, its off to the range this morning to check out my handy work.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Ha...I keep telling people that I suffer from CSS.

I'll be going back to the range today. :) Need to check out the mods I made to my newest ******* shooting rest. I'd been using/testing my Sig MPX on this rest as well as using the same rest for my pistols....was working out pretty good. But, when I laid my Tavor across it, it put the optics a little too high for me.....I had to tip-toe just a little bit to get a proper hold/weld on the rifle. The way I saw it, I had two options, 1) wear my high heels when shooting the Tavor, or 2) disassemble the rest, and whack off about an inch. I opted for no. 2. :D Option 2 also makes the rest a better fit for my daughter too....and since she's moving back to Fort Worth, I expect we'll be hitting the range together again. This kinda nixes my move to Mesa. :D

So, its off to the range this morning to check out my handy work.

Just let me know if you intend to use option (1) on a range session I plan on attending. I'll be sure to be a no-show!

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I hate to think of the money I spent on the firearm journey that only led me back to the P99.
I feel similarly here.

I've always gone back to the P99 (and later, the PPQ), every time after trying other pistols. Right around the time I first purchased a P99 in the early-to-mid-2000's, I was shooting at least 200rds every range session, between two and four times every month. It wasn't so much the money I spent on other pistols, but the money I spent on ammo for those other pistols that gets to me. It would have probably been better served going through the Walther.

In general, I've always shot DA/SA pistols worse than SAO pistols and "constant-action" pistols like the Glock. The P99 was the one exception, and there was really no other comparable pistol that shot better in my hands until the PPQ was released. I've tried pistols from all mainstream manufacturers that I can think of, and all types of trigger variants, and 99-series pistols are the ones that came out on top in my case.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I'm pretty much done buying "modern" serious use handguns. There is only one that still has me thinking, and that is the Steyr M series, but I'm in no hurry to go out and get one.

Older "collector" firearms are another matter, but I'm not actively searching for them, I just let them find me.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm happy with my PPQs and my P99c.:D

Not holding much hope for a .45 with paddles........

Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts