Walther Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard many guys on here talk about only having the mag in their pocket pistol, and if that doesn't get the job done, "run like hell". :D
Well that idea has some inherent flaws. For me, the option to "run like hell" disappeared a LONG time ago. Right now I am taking pain medication and wearing a brace on my knee. Last time I was able to "run like hell" was about 7 years ago when I pulled some accident victims from an overturned Range Rover. Arthritis has pretty much eliminated any running activity for me. I don't doubt there are others in my position, and if you aren't, you could very well be when you reach your "golden years". ;)
If you are carrying a PP/PPK/PPKs, you have a limited magazine capacity and a rather mediocre caliber to start with. A lot of the bad guys are carrying hi-cap pistols of larger calibers, so that puts you at a disadvantage right away. And many times the situation you are in prevents you from running anywhere. So my suggestion is to carry at least TWO backup mags for your pocket pistol. That will give you 12-14 rounds before you run out, and those extra rounds may be just what you need to save your butt. For mags as small as the pocket pistol variety, you can use a rubber band and strap two mags together. They are small enough that you can carry them in a coat or pants pocket, or even in a sissy pack (fanny pack). Mag carriers are nice for a full size pistol, but they are pretty bulky for around the waist.

Just some food for thought :)

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
489 Posts
Should have an extra mag for any caliber gun you are carrying; carried either in a mag pouch or a BUG. Have single and double mag carriers for my CCW guns, and weak side holsters for the BUGs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will start off by saying that I do not carry. I hope to in the near future, but still need to jump though the appropriate hoops before I am allowed. Having said that, I am amazed that several members would chose to forego a spare magazine for their carry gun. I can understand if you have a BUG and pass on the spare mag in that case since it provides a reload and increased protection against critical failures at the cost of increased reload time. It would seem to me that a spare magazine is a small, relatively light, and relatively dependable insurance policy against failure so could someone who feels comfortable going without a spare magazine explain their logic in this decision process to me?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't understand carrying without one. It's another few ounces and is very small and easy to conceal compared to the gun itself. Seems like a no-brainer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts