Walther Forums banner

Do you primary carry with your PPK or PPK/S?

• Yes

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 29.6%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you primary carry with your PPK or PPK/S. I'm using it as my primary carry until I can get my broken magazine replaced on my Kahr.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I carry the PPK in a smart carry holster. I think it's a great gun and with Glaser safety rounds it is sufficiently robust for defense.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I do not own a Walther PPK/S yet. But it will be my primary CCW weapon. The only other pistol I have is a full-size Kimber 1911A1 (hard to hide). I'm answering the poll anyway, so I can see the results.

Sure there are better calibers to carry than .380. But this is a great carry gun for me, and having something is better than having nothing.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm assuming you mean for CCW. As a police officer, I carry my PPK off duty (my duty gun is a Sig P220 .45) and occasionally as a second gun/backup on duty. My leather jacket has an inside pocket where I keep my PPK during the winter.

I usually carry my PPK in an El Paso Saddlery "inside the pants" holster. Today I had court and my engraved PPK was on my hip in a black El Paso Tortilla thumbsnap hip holster.

I carry my PPK during the hot summer months in a Galco fanny pack. I also have an El Paso shoulder rig which I used to wear but it's a bit much for such a small gun.

I usually take my family to Chicago around Christmas and I'll wear my second Sig P220 in an El Paso shoulder rig (with two extra mags). I know I can conceal it under a long sleeve flannel shirt if I take off my heavy coat indoors. It just looks like I've "layered" my clothing to keep warm like mom said I was supposed to....

I carry Cor-Bon .380's because my department specifically declares Glasers against our general order. Don't ask me why. The best I an answer is because those (idiots) making the policy know nothing about guns or ammo.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really like my PPK in the Smart Carry. It's flat, easy access, well padded, and conceals in plain sight. No one knows what it is, no one asks. I can wear it with business casual, and no one knows I'm packing. I especially like that I have quick access while in my vehicle with the seatbelt on. No having to fumble with an IWB or other concealed holster. No worry about perspiration or scratches to even the nicest blue finish. It will hold the PPK, PPK/S or PP, and extra mag. I do occasionally carry the stainless PPK in an IWB, but mostly the Smart Carry. PPK-never leave home without it.

Big Spider

·
Registered
21 Posts
CORRECTION!! I was talking about the Safepacker holster. (I switched from the smart carry to the Safepacker) Sorry about that! been a long day, I have a head ache.

Big Spider

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, during the day it's either in a GURU pocket holster or in a Safepacker---depending upon the dress of the day. At night, I usually have the SIG 239 w/ Crimson Trace grips in a Safepacker of it's own.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, during the day it's either in a GURU pocket holster or in a Safepacker---depending upon the dress of the day. At night, I usually have the SIG 239 w/ Crimson Trace grips in a Safepacker of it's own.
How do you like your P239 for concealed carry? I've been looking at them for a long time now. I was looking for a new primary CCW handgun since I had magazine issues with my Kahr and the P239 was at the top of my list, at least until I held one in the store. I know it's the smallest 9mm Sig makes but it still feels unnecessarily large. There just doesn't seem to be any reason for the slide to be that big and thick. I wish Sig would make a 9mm Luger in the size of the P230/232. That would be a dream come true.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Anybody have a picture or a link that shows what a Safepacker looks like when worn? Can't seem to find one. It looks interesting, though a bit large -- and it's hard to tell if that's even accurate. It appears that lots of folks swear by them -- a good sign. Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yessir my PPKS is my current primary carry...may be replaced by my new
Beretta Cheetah...but prefer the Walther in stainless for hot weather...

·
Registered
118 Posts
David,

I like the 239: it feels good, it is accurate, it accepts Crimson Trace grips and feels even better with them, all of my hand touches the gun (even my pinkey), it's only 0.2" wider than the PPK/S, -------

When I can't pocket carry, the 239 sometimes wins the honor of being with me in daytime. I guess I just like it.

Dave

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Thanks for that. I fished around for some time and came up empty. It looks like it holds at least some answers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Now that my PPK is reliable, I tend to carry it frequently. The small size is nice and convenient for those times when a larger gun is a hassle.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts