Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a few PPQ M2 SC 15 round mags locally for a good price. They seem to fit well on my full sized M2 if I remove the collar. My research seems to indicate that the spring force is different between the two.

Has anybody used them in their full sized PPQ M2? Do they function reliably?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Mndoggie.
My understanding is that the PPQ SC 15 round mag has a different magazine spring strength/weight than the PPQ.
PPQ SC do not use the PPQ 15 mag.
Will the SC mag work in a PPQ?
For use in the PPQ I would keep looking for the correct PPQ 15 round magazine. Skip the 15 round PPQ SC mags.
Otherwise you may need to find the right magazine springs if the sc mags do not work in your ppq.
My opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Initially posted the question a few months ago and got no response. I bought one SC mag and ran 100 rounds thru it with no issues. Bought another...same results. Ended up buying a third SC mag. Still no issues after about 400 rounds thru SC mags which in my area are way easier to find.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I Initially posted the question a few months ago and got no response. I bought one SC mag and ran 100 rounds thru it with no issues. Bought another...same results. Ended up buying a third SC mag. Still no issues after about 400 rounds thru SC mags which in my area are way easier to find.
Good to know.
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I've swapped mags in and out of my PPQc and my M2 Navy with NO adverse effects in either gun.

Currently the Navy's 15+2 mag with the PPQc's extension is what is the backup mag for the PPQc.

(i refuse to call it a subcompact...hence the PPQc designation by yours truly..)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts