Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some trouble disassembling my new p22. I am following walther's instructions as best i can figure out but it does not seem to work.

making sure the pistol is clear, cycling the slide back, and when i try to move the takedown lever (even if the slide is closed or even halfway) it does not move the slightest amount. any ideas would be useful.

thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had horrible trouble getting my take down latch to move at first. Its pretty stiff. After a few times, it does loosen up. It will move about 1/8th of an inch down....I used a cloth to save my fingers the first dozen or so times; after that it moved easily.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Just wait until you try to reassemble the little bugger! :rolleyes:

Russell

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol... ive already figured putting it back is going to be a pain, but i want to make sure everything is all right before i take it out to shoot.

i'll try the whole cloth thing, but i donno.

will post tonight on how it goes...

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
lol... ive already figured putting it back is going to be a pain, but i want to make sure everything is all right before i take it out to shoot.

i'll try the whole cloth thing, but i donno.

will post tonight on how it goes...

How will you be sure that "everything is all right"? Unless it's a used gun, everything that you need to see just to shoot it is visible with the slide open. Wipe out the bore, oil it if you feel a compelling urge, and take it to the range. By then, things may loosen up a little (or a whole lot).

M

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol... the pistol is new. I usually check the entire pistol over before taking it to the range. I want to know exactly how its hooked up.

Unfortunatly I cant get that bloody spring back in place in the recoil assembly. any tips?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Alaskan,

Use the little plastic rod that comes with the new gun to form a temporary extention to the guide rod. With this insedted in the spring you can slide the slide over the plastic rod and CAREFULLY slip it back onto the guide rod without buckling the spring. Watch out where the plasic rod flies so you can find it for next time.:D

Russell

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Alaskan,

Did you get it back together?:eek:
Did you shoot it yet?:p
How about a range report?:)

Russell

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you lose that little plastic rod, you can use a #2 pencil. It's nearly a perfect pit and if you haven't sharpened it too much, longer than the plastic tool. Getting it back together isn't nearly as bad as a Ruger!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts