Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you very much TANFOGLIO! Stickntj, if you don't mind starting a thread when your done on how it goes with the duracoating, I am very interested in what your end result looks like.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is fantastic! Thank you!!! Mine is just getting dirty enough for a serious cleaning like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you very much TANFOGLIO! Stickntj, if you don't mind starting a thread when your done on how it goes with the duracoating, I am very interested in what your end result looks like.
I posters few pictures on the picture thread. It came out pretty well.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, i finally got the slide stop out, idk about everyone else's, but mine was extremely tight. i guess i wasn't hitting it hard enough with the hammer, but it took a few minutes of straight bashing on the punch to get it loose.

·
Registered
81 Posts
In case anyone was wondering, yes, the short and long pins are a ***** to get out.

Thanks for the tutorial, tan. Very informative.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Holy ****ing ****!

The damned slide stop on mine behaves like it's welded together. I WAILED on it with a hammer and punch and am afraid to try it in a shop press for fear of snapping the frame in half.

WTF?!!

I've got the thing soaking in penetrating oil and will try again tomorrow but damn! I've had AK barrel pins move more easily than this.

Anyone have any advice? is there some kind of trick to this?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Stop beatin' on it before you break something. And go read post no. 18 again, or for the first time.
I'm glad that I'm reading this thread before I try to disassemble my PPQ.

Post 18 was added later in defense of the gun that's been beating on the slide stop pin trying to get it apart.

You have to change the ANGLE OF THE DANGLE! LOL ha ha.

Don't tear up your gun. Normally if it won't come out there is something wrong with the situation and one needs to go back to the drawing board and find out why a part is stuck. In this case you just have to push down on the slide release/lock level and get it to move a bit before you can beat the steel pin out of the slide lock lever.

Very good thread guys. I learned something today.

(NOTE: Left as in looking down the barrel and firing the gun downrange. )

I've noticed that my trigger is over to the left side of the gun more than to the right side of the gun. IE it's not centered in the hole in the frame for the trigger to fit into.

So the left side of my upper plastic trigger is scraping against the polymer frame more than the right side of the trigger. I can actually push sideways on the trigger and move it to the right a few millimeters. But it always come back to the left again. I'm fearing that the friction between the left side of the trigger and the frame is making my trigger pull a bit more gritty. I can actually see scratches on the left side of the trigger where it rubs against the polymer frame.

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
OK Kampers....a long time ago, I posted some pictures showing the left side of the trigger where it makes contact with the side of the frame.

OK, this one is pretty severe....(not mine....was another forum members).

Here's one of mine....NO deep gouges (as in the one above)...just some fine scraping.

So, I used a little piece of sticky backed 320 grit sand paper....stuck a little piece to the trigger and pulled the trigger a few times. This might work for yours.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yep right
I looked over the picture guide before starting and that's not the issue. You can push the slide stop apart quite a bit before needing to rotate it up to clear the side of the frame. This one won't even start pushing apart.

The left and right side slide catch on that particular pistol are just an extremely tight interference fit, like the tech who assembled it couldn't push them together and so beat them together. It's tight like a cross pin on an AK front sight or gas block. The plastic frame flexes when trying to pound the stop out and there isn't a good way to isolate the area to push it out more effectively. There doesn't even appear to be a way to cut it apart because of the shapes and the way they fit with the frame.

I still can't get the slide stop apart. I have a second PPQ and have absolutely no issues taking that one apart with finger pressure.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I wish they would allow embedding pictures so you wouldn't have to click each one trying to figure out what your looking for

·
Registered
87 Posts
I received mine yesterday and installed it today. I sprayed Kroil on every pin that was going to come out and it was easy to drift them out. It is a remarkable trigger and I hope to shoot it soon at the outdoor range.

·
Premium Member
13,565 Posts
I received mine yesterday and installed it today. I sprayed Kroil on every pin that was going to come out and it was easy to drift them out. It is a remarkable trigger and I hope to shoot it soon at the outdoor range.
I'm thinking you had a couple of tabs opened up....and posted this in the wrong thread. :D BUT, the King's instructions are very helpful.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts