Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of PP, so please excuse if this is “too simple”. I’m trying to disassemble gun for cleaning, and have read manual and viewed how-to videos. ...having trouble with the initial trigger guard pull down. It doesn’t want to be pushed far enough to the side to stay displaced under the frame...keeps clicking back up to normal position. What am I doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
You could take a poker chip or an old credit card and slide it between the guard and the frame.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Exactly. Don’t use a coin or anything metal to avoid scratching the finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
360 Posts
If it holds just a little bit before snapping back, you can drop the trigger and hold the pistol in your right hand and push the trigger guard to the left with your forefinger. But the other methods work great and give you more time to disassemble it.

·
Super Moderator
7,512 Posts
Some PP triggerguards will stay nicely in place, others not so much. Use the poker chip or a coin; especially the Smith & Walthers, their .380s have a notoriously stiff recoil spring. No sense wrestling with two things at once.
Moon

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
$1.29 ;) I have a drawer full of em and two drawers of red safety dots I've picked up at the range after they fall off of PP pistols. Those are $25 each....right side ones are more. 1917

·
Registered
127 Posts
I use a guitar pick. One of the ones I used when teaching Jimmy Hendrix to play. 1917
Such a good idea!

I’ve been using coins but would prefer non-metal. Was just about to buy some poker chips. Guitar picks magically appear all over my house (except when I need one to play... then I can’t find one) so that’s an easy solution! Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts