Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am new to this sight and Walther's as well. On Thursday I took possession of my new Creed. The next day I was able to test it out and it has a great feel, I am very pleased. However it was shooting to the left. In looking at the manual I should have been able to tap the rear sight to the right to compensate. Using a punch, wrapped in cloth to protect, I tried to move the sight. I marked the sight with a pencil to gauge how far it moved. I tried tapping gently at first and even gave the sights few good whacks but it did not budge. I didn't want to damage the sight so I was in a pickle.

Then I had a brainstorm. What I did was lubricate the sight with a generous amount of gun oil and let it sit for several hours. After that, with some persuasion, I was able to slide the sight. I am happy to report it is now sighted in. I really like the ergonomics of the gun and feel of the trigger. The Creed replaced my S&W SW9VE. The Walther is a superior product.

I also ordered a carry. The CCP M2 in 9mm. Haven't gotten it yet but it should arrive mid week. Hopefully my experience with the rear sliding sight will be a help to others. Thanks!
Pastor Lou

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the post. That's a great tip. Whacking on a sight scares me to death. I've done it many times and haven't destroyed a slide yet, but it is nerve racking.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting because although the manual says the sights are adjustable I was watching a video review that said they weren’t. Guess they need to know about your workaround. 👍🏼

1 - 3 of 3 Posts