Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I read somewhere (not sure which forum) that the QA model of the P99 can have either an 8lb pull or a 4lb pull. I think I read that whichever one you got was complete chance and it was all to do with a part (spring?) that was used during assembly. When one weight spring was out, they used the other.

Don't know if this is true, but if it is perhaps that would explain why some love the QA and some hate it? I had a QA and did not like it. It had a very heavy trigger. I wonder if the trigger was the 4lb one if I'd have liked it?

I apologize if this is misinformation or if it's already been discussed here. I searched but couldn't find the topic. Has anyone else heard this info?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I don't think the QA will ever get down to 4 lbs. Sorry. But there does seem to be some variation. Seems to be not from the spring, but from the striker itself. SOme are different lengths.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that was it, the striker. If not 4lbs, is there an estimate as to the highs and lows of the trigger weights? Why did this happen and is it still happening?

I know I had to have had a heavy one.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I don't think anyone knows the exact details U want to know. It was recently discovered by Uncut, I think - that some of the strikers were numbered. Maybe he can chime in...

·
Registered
97 Posts
The QA strikers are numbered according to the other internal parts in the sear housing. From what I know, the trigger pull can very, but is in the general area of eight pounds. The difference is the length of pull. The higher the number on the striker, the longer the pull distance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a P99Qa Titanium slide, That was manufactured on 11/01/2005. It has a longer trigger return than a Glock, but it is noticably smoother and with a lighter pull than any Glock I have ever used. :)

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
one is in lbs and the other one is in Newton

·
Registered
41 Posts
one is in lbs and the other one is in Newton
don't think so:

MODEL

P99C QA
WAP80000