Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that there are the PPQ 5" Standard and a 5" Target... They only difference I can see from pics is the Target has some slots cut into the slide... Are there any other differences??? I was also wanting to make sure the Target version has the normal PPQ sights... I love my HD sights on my 4" version and wanted to make sure they would fit on the Target version... Both are M2...

Thanks, Kevin

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts
Kevin, I've not heard the word 'Target' used in describing any of the current PPQ 5" offerings. I did do a search and found that CDNN is actually using that term in their description....I think that's something they dreamed up. Using the UPC code from the CDNN sight I did a search....here, check it out https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/723364200069

You'll find that no one else uses the word 'Target'. That's cuz that UPC is just a standard 5" Q. And here's the answer to your question, ALL PPQ's, with the exception of the TAC and MATCH use the standard rear sight.

·
Registered
844 Posts
The original Q5 had the slide cuts, they created the PPQ 5” standard (I have also seen it called the Duty) that does not have the cuts. Otherwise they are identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Yall… They were both listed on Walthers site and the only difference I could see was just the slots... I'll let yall know for sure in a few days... :)

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts
But Kevin, we already know. All Q's, with the exception of the TAC and Match have the same rear sight dovetail and use the same plastic rear sight.

I just checked Walther's site again....didn't see a 'Target' model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ima, those are ones I was referring to... CDNN has added the word 'target' to the description of the one with the slots, the part numbers seem to match... CDNNs part number in not the 'standard', ie the one without slots... Thanks for your help on the sight question... I'll let yall know if the part numbers jive and if it's got the slots when it comes in...

Kevin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Okay, picked it up today and it is the version that has the slots in the slide... The part #2796091 matches with the Walther website... The 'standard' has another part number and doesn't have the slots... There was a $100 difference in the price with the 'standard' being higher... I've got a set of the Trijicon HDs heading my way...
And yes, cdnn has added the word 'target' to the description... It is the part number listed above...

Thanks for all yalls help...

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts