Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain to me who "Earl" is and how his guns differ with a gun bought through S&W?

Does I understand it correctly that he gets the guns straight from Germany?
How do they differ in markings?
Better quality?
Difference in warrenty?
Difference in price?

Sorry, I see people here and on GT always saying they'll "get one from Earl" and don't want to hijack the thread on WHY.

I have a Interarms PPK/S (.380) and TPH (.22), but haven't stayed up on Walthers since S&W took over. All I know is that it was a pain in the azz to get that replacement lever (that blocks the trigger guard from swinging down when a mag is in) for my TPH from S&W a few years ago.

Waiting on the standard production PPS to come out......Should I get it from this "Earl"?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
As far as I know Earl's just takes the time to find a place to put the import markings so they don't look like crap on the gun.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The only difference between the S&W and Earl P99 is the importer and importer markings. It is the exact same pistol otherwise. Same quality, German made, etc. Earl's is a place to get the P99's with other options, like the European Model with the European style sights.

The reason that many say "I'll get it from Earl's" is because to the bad history of S&W with gun rights activists. I personally do not have a problem with S&W and will continue to purchase my Walthers from them. Now if you are looking for older (TPH, P5, P38, etc.) models and parts for them Earl's is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
S&W has stainless steel for your slide instead of carbon steel on the Walther.

Regards -photo

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
one minor difference on the "Earl's import" P99 are the rear sights ....
the Eauro sight has instead the 2 dots on the rear sight the "U" shape....

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
If U are tight with Earl, he will give you one of the "special" P99s that has a built in satellite phone and a color TV that stores under the backstrap.... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts