Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I have a lightly used first edition I would part with, but for the money I would get the new version. If you want the original, shoot me PM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank- you for the advice. The nee version was hard to get hold in the UK but It arrived today.

I was expecting to read more about the L66a1 PP. From various forums Dieter’s previous book appears to be quoted giving some information.

In the recent edition I could only find one line that possibly referred to it within the special contract P5 section.

Can anyone confirm if the previous books gave anymore info? Special markings/ serial number ranges etc.

I need this information to help me write a case to the police to allow me to prove it is of some historical relevance.

Its a long story but you’re probably aware that firearms are heavily restricted here. Then more evidence I have (more than just a forum post) to submit in my ‘begging letter’ the easier it’ll be!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was expecting to read more about the L66a1 PP. From various forums Dieter’s previous book appears to be quoted giving some information.

In the recent edition I could only find one line that possibly referred to it within the special contract P5 section.
In my copy of Model 1 to PPX (third english edition) the L66A1 is mentioned on pages 109-110 in the "Walther PP, PPK, PPK-L Manurhin and Walther/Ulm Contracts and Special Models" section.

I have a German copy of Modell 1 bis P99 where L66A1 is mentioned on page 33. I don't read German, but it doesn't look much different from the new book

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I've got the 4th German edition, and there's about a quarter page about the PP/PPK in the British army from the mid 70s thru late 80s. About 3,000 acquired, L47A1 for pistols in 7,65 and L66A1 for those in .22lr. The portion of PPK's in that purchase was so small, they ran them both under the same name.

Number of details on who carried it, and some stuff about technical changes and finishes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts