Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am not very interested in the more current Walther products, would I be better off with Mr. Marschall's older book with the blue cover, or the newer version with the white cover? As far as earlier information (pre 1945), was anything added in the new version, or does the new version just have the added newer Walther models? Thanks.
Larry

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
As I have both, get the newer one. I was allowed to proofread this version and you'll find all you need about the PP-series. And much more ;)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I have both also and if you only get one, get the newest version. Much more content and information in the newest edition.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Get the white one for sure. I always try to buy the most updated edition of any reference book. The revised third edition also has color photographs which was a nice improvement.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Was there a decision as to whether the 3rd 4th edition would be made in english or not? Last I heard it hadn't been decided yet.

·
Banned
17 Posts
If I am not very interested in the more current Walther products, would I be better off with Mr. Marschall's older book with the blue cover, or the newer version with the white cover? As far as earlier information (pre 1945), was anything added in the new version, or does the new version just have the added newer Walther models? Thanks.
Larry
Get the newer version

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
@P88: The last edition of Dieter's book by now is available in English and German language.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
@P88: The last edition of Dieter's book by now is available in English and German language.
Thanks! I think I wrote the wrong thing. I said 3rd edition. I think there was another thread that stated he has a 4th edition coming out, but he didn't know whether to translate it or not.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
It's true, a 4th edition in German was published in 2016. Dieter corrected some mistakes in the German 3rd edition he and some colleagues found while working on the English translation of the 3rd edition. So English 3rd edition is also up to date.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts